Poll: Do you agree to recommend to talk.maemo.org admins that abill_uk should be permanently banned?
Poll Options
Do you agree to recommend to talk.maemo.org admins that abill_uk should be permanently banned?

Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
*sigh*

That's all.
I know you really want to ban me and i think he has shot himself in the foot now because this Poll is so bizzarre and right after my Poll as has been stated already a few back.

So be it.

I also vote for a lifetime ban on epitaph.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I know you really want to ban me and i think he has shot himself in the foot now because this Poll is so bizzarre and right after my Poll as has been stated already a few back.

So be it.
There are times I want you banned. And there are times you've been extremely helpful. If you'd only be consistent, moderation would be much easier... one way or the other.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Are you serious!?

Step off of your soap box for a moment and think about how pretentious you sound right now. You yourself have stated some rather crass things - once directed towards me - and instead of reporting your posts, I just shrugged it off as if you were just being not yourself and kept it going.

It was during my statements that Mer, Mer^2 and just about anything else you've worked on that was public facing has never produced anything that was final and usable by us - a lot of empty promises, a lot of unmet deliverables and ultimately a lot of hype around well... nothing.

I'm quite sure you do a lot of work, I'm quite sure a lot of your work has done invariably a lot more than my rants, raves in the whole scope of things, but to promise something twice over (more if I wanted to count or care) and not deliver something, credibility is loss.

Mind you, I don't agree with abill_UK on most... anything. But I do believe in freedom of speech. That doesn't mean freedom to be intelligent. Nor does it mean that you have to pay attention to each and every post. Hell, I won't even defend abill_UK.

Or get on some self-important soap box to point out others that I happen to disagree with.

But this? Wow.

If anything, this thread signifies the absolute end of all that kept me around during the ITT days. Back when people actually helped others. Disagreed with them, they might engage you in a discussion. Not a flame war. I've had EPIC disagreements with Texrat, Zerojay and others... but in the end, I've come to respect them. Why? They didn't instantly dismiss me or call for my banning. They might have gotten heated with me, but they kept their civility.

But this? Not civil, not warranted... not cool.

This is a new low.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
a pity the post history ends as short as like 3 months ago. Anyway there's google, so here some *randomly* picked example:

and i really DO hope there is a complete overhaul of this community because to be honest it actually stinks with nastiness and foul mouthed people that should not be allowed to participate in any forum INCLUDING some moderators but there again this is their community so they have the right to do as they please dont they just !!!.
(from http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...696#post640696)

There've been way "better" posts, personally insulting particular users, spreading obvious nonsense, whatnot else. The general tone *always* been slightly aggressive and most of the time antagonizing. This is why a lot of people do not like abill_uk and would prefer him to shut up, as new users don't know him and are horrified about this forum, also tend to answer and so "feed the troll"

my 2 cents
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Guys, just an FYI: threads about other members aren't really allowed, so don't be surprised when I lock this.

Last edited by Texrat; 2011-05-29 at 22:01. Reason: changed users to members

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread