Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I guess you could have some success at putting out something like 30%, as long as you state up front that that you're only giving 30%
Absolutely!!!

PR is all about managing expectations. Using vague terms such as "open", "transparency", "unlike" and, most of all, "soon" is more about mismanaging.

I guess they try to act like a corporation - after all, they do come from Nokia and must have learned their business there - and being a corporation involves using a lot of buzzwords. But they must have forgotten what clientelle they are up against. Not marketing people who are used to BS but the kind of people to whom those words are real words with a real meaning.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
For some people, the glass will always be "half empty" aka "haters gonna hate"
Had to comment too, thou not replying directly...
Well, I tried my best to actually help that guy understand. Maybe it's feeding the troll, but maybe my "summary" can actually be helpful.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Now they provided us with info exact what happens this week. That maybe good or bad.

I really hope everything going well. However I will not be surprised if they get problems that may postpone shipping to the developers.

I personally think it's to optimistic to think everything in production test/prebuild goes well in four days.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2015-07-27 at 16:48.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden

Have to agree here, this is a great update. Our Jolla tablets are almost here, and even closer for those lucky few.

I can see why they have kept quiet about the screen issues until know. Yes more frequent updates would have been nice but then every other post would have been "we are changing the display again" and "now we have to change the PCB because the new screen won't fit". I think I would prefer the silence.

Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Dammit, I don't say a word for 3 months, and the day I do, they release the data the next day ! It's like to show me how I am impatient, and couldn't wait another day

Also, I love how they get from almost nothing to a day by day schedule .

Last edited by Zeta; 2015-07-27 at 21:31.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
How could you say its almost here, it's more vague than ever. Its not. its probobly more than a month way and anything could happen on they way...like delays. Back in april jolla was Said they Where working on shipment details...Then nothing, screen issue, Then silence...so its not ready until you got our tacking codes.

Great update? Update was not great. Whats great is that they are answering questions...the rest is just nonsense...or business...what ever you prefer. And that they fixed the screen. But update from April still missing details from screen issue...So it's good that carol finally hunting down the blog post...or info.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-07-27 at 22:01.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Casanunda View Post
Now THIS is the kind of explanation that many people were asking for.
Not much to criticise on that one.
100% agree here.

Lesson well learned, Jolla.
100% agree here too.

I for my part have just gained a lot of confidence in the whole process.
These explanations make complete sense. THat's what I would expect as "open communication".
Dear lord man... I can't agree any more. But here... take my agreement anyway.

Others might think differently...
Of course, but I've rarely seen this level of openness in regards to obstacles in production in ages. Bravo Jolla; my patience has paid off.

Originally Posted by Dave999
Great update? Update was not great.
But it's more definite than your guesses, assumptions and whimsical flights of fancy. I can't say that a delay makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside; however when it's explained in words that make sense to me.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
given the history of my guestimations ,and the history off jolla updates I would say they are all hit and miss. and consider that Im not responsibe for 2.6m crowedfunding Champaign. so leave me out of the equation when evelute jollas updates. add to that the nuture of the latest blog post in its own. its thin at most. and remove the Q&A and it should be completely empty.

Look, i dont hack and slices jollas updates overall. this is just a rateting of the last one and a to me... updates is never bed, so its not completely useless, it just worse than previous ones. or better depends on how distinct information you are requires.

yep, thats it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
given the history of my guestimations ,and the history off jolla updates I would say they are all miss
That's better, FTFY

Last edited by chemist; 2015-07-30 at 07:46.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund