Active Topics

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
If you install it from A4M or add the repo ofcourse it'll appear as software updates but its delayed by a bit and the main crux of the issue is that a4m may be shut down anytime soon hence the inability to install it from there now etc...

What I meant was that repo is a developer's own repo something like Rzr repo so Schturman puts in v9.3 there and links it here...We download it and upon first opening it adds his repo to our sources.list automatically...The next time he has a new version he updates in his repo to v9.4 and automatically we get quicker software updates as an apt-get update would do the job or it pushes updates too...

I'm not really sure of the way it operates hence I was asking him whether this would indeed be the case then that would be a better method, no?
Got it; thanks for clarifying. I didn't know A4M may shut down soon (sorry I was out of the loop recently).

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
Got it; thanks for clarifying. I didn't know A4M may shut down soon (sorry I was out of the loop recently).
Before I get badgered for spreading dis-information, it may get shut down but it may also be saved but it may also simply be suffering technical issues...

Now the above covers my a*s

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
[QUOTE=thedead1440;1281491]
Oh and sha1sum value from terminal :
Code:
~# sha1sum /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/n9-qtweakall_9.3_armel.deb
8d518f7e94df73680c52529866072d316d33f50a  /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/n9-qtweakall_9.3_armel.deb
Thanks

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Schturman,
Tweak UU is nice
I saw some developers have a repo at repo.pub.meego.com due to submitting apps in A4M...does it mean if for example, you hosted N9QTweak there too then people added your repo, whenever there is an update it is automatically pushed out to devices? That way, instead of downloading from dropbox, people can download from the above link and at first opening it adds your repo into an user's sources.list hence updates are available the moment you update your repo?
Ok some stuff...
The A4M work via the same repos on repo.pub.meego.com, that mean if you have A4M client + testing enabled = you don't need any separate repo fo N9QT...
But if you don't have A4M, you can add my repo manually:
Code:
echo 'deb http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/schturman/MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_Maemo.org_MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_standard/ ./' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/schturman_n9qt.list
apt-get update
Tweak UU can be used for checking if I uploaded new version to dropbox, because some times I don't have time or forgetting upload to repo.pub.meego.com or site is down. Also this tweak can be used for downgrade version...

Now I added my repo to tweak II, also I added it to start script and now is a question:
What people can be prefer more:
1. this way:
Code:
if [ ! -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sdk.list ]
   then
      echo 'deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free non-free' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sdk.list
         echo 'deb http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/schturman/MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_Maemo.org_MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_standard/ ./' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/schturman_n9qt.list
    apt-get update
fi
It will check only SDK repo on first start and if user not have this repo it will install both repos SDK + my and will update repos only ONCE (I think it's a better option)

2. this way:
Code:
if [ ! -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sdk.list ]
   then
      echo 'deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free non-free' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sdk.list
    apt-get update
fi
if [ ! -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/schturman_n9qt.list ]
          echo 'deb  http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/schturman/MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_Maemo.org_MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_standard/  ./' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/schturman_n9qt.list
    apt-get update
fi
It will check separately both repos - SDK repo and my and if user not have this repos it will install them separately and will update them separately, that mean TWICE.

What you think guys ?

Last edited by Schturman; 2012-10-17 at 07:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Going to reflash now and calculate the time for full restoration

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ romania
when i try UU i see this:/ opt/N9Qtweak/tweak/Updater: line 78:unexpected EOF while looking for matching

whats wrong?how can i make it work?i have installed a4m

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
I have 9.2 version installed (downloaded deb) but now that 9.3 is out, i cannot install downloaded 9.3 deb, it says already installed from certified source. Is it safe to uninstall 9.2 and install 9.3? Note that i have already used some tweaks and made backup of settings and apps. Will they be restorable with new version or i have to create them again?
thank you!!

uninstall 9.2 and than install 9.3 .it should work than

The Following User Says Thank You to flavy69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by flavy69 View Post
uninstall 9.2 and than install 9.3 .it should work than
and applied tweaks and backups will work normally in 9.3?

yes works ok.dont worry.

The Following User Says Thank You to flavy69 For This Useful Post:
when i try UU i see this:/ opt/N9Qtweak/tweak/Updater: line 78:unexpected EOF while looking for matching

whats wrong?how can i make it work?i have installed a4m.pls some advice schturman.thanks

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh