Active Topics

i wish i sent it back to them now,but they both(MPD + NOKIARETAIL guildford told me to send it to nokia care.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Glasgow, Scotland
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Alright in hindsight, I know but yu should really have sent it back to MPD, not Nokia Care. I had excatly same problem (but ordered 16th October). Nokia care sent me to their repair centre who couldn't do anything with it so I sent iit back to MPD at the end of last week. Got an email to say they've posted my replacement this morning. This whole thing is a nightmare for some.
I phoned on my lunchbreak today, spoke to a ****ing diamond of a guy and contrary to what I was told on wed 16th AND friday 18th, my replacement was supposed to be sent on MONDAY 14TH! So I asked where the hell it was and he said he would find out.

On hold for about 10 mins (Thats £1.46), he did explain that it would be a while etc as he had to phone the store itself (Reading) and he then tells me the STORE has marked it as sent, but theres no Royal Mail tracking number, so he doesn't know.

Now this guy was good, he told me not to worry, he will find out what the hell is going on and he would call me back, I said unfortunately I would be unable to answer as I cant take personal calls at work. He said he would leave a message.

He called at 5.06pm left a message to say they cant find the phone, neither can the folks at Reading store, so he got a manager to send a new one straight away, and on the voicemail he said it will BE HERE TOMORROW! I doubt it will but he gets 10 points for not talking shite like the other two *****s I spoke to.

I'm still really angry though. Not only do I get a faulty phone but they ****ed up the replacement too. I'll be emailing Karl about this.

@bumblebeetuna:
How long since you recieved the handset? I think they can only take back before a certain time.

Last edited by finlaybob; 2009-12-21 at 23:28.

ordered nov 9th /delivered 10th dec thurs/rebooting and froze after 2 hours /sent back special delivery to nokia care/ contract with insurance

Last edited by bumblebeetuna; 2009-12-22 at 03:40.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by bumblebeetuna View Post
i wish i sent it back to them now,but they both(MPD + NOKIARETAIL guildford told me to send it to nokia care.
Yeah, they would because you have to give them an opportunity to fix it first before it's replaced- so maybe they might not have had it back straight away at all- although i know a few people on here just walked into a store and had it replaced there. Nokia Manchester told me on the phone that I couldn't do that.

now they want me to send a copy of receipt to them,(proof of recorded delivery that i sent back)i got it here, they have my phone since 16th dec.ill wait the 7-10 days turn over and if still nothing i think i'll cancel the contract and direct debit, and start again.

Jees what a farce. Mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm hoping they're just late with snow and Xmas madrushness.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Jees what a farce. Mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm hoping they're just late with snow and Xmas madrushness.
awwwwwwww. there is a few days left for them to give you a happy xmas!!! our postie had a mare down my road today!!!

You are not goin to believe this, but my phone hadn't turned up by 3 so I called Nokia to check it had been sent out. They said it had and gave me a Royal mail trackijng number. I checked on RM website- to my absolute gobsmacking surprise it came up as being delivered- but- wait for it- NOT HERE.
So- called Royal Mail- 'Oh, it's been sent to an address in Worksop (S80, rather than S70) and signed for!!!

Nokia say it's out of their hands once sent (and Nokia had the right postcode)- RM want to speak to Nokia and I've just checked to see where the worksop postcode is and it doesn't f*** exist.

OH absolutely terrific- I'm so confused I could cry.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
You are not goin to believe this, but my phone hadn't turned up by 3 so I called Nokia to check it had been sent out. They said it had and gave me a Royal mail trackijng number. I checked on RM website- to my absolute gobsmacking surprise it came up as being delivered- but- wait for it- NOT HERE.
So- called Royal Mail- 'Oh, it's been sent to an address in Worksop (S80, rather than S70) and signed for!!!

Nokia say it's out of their hands once sent (and Nokia had the right postcode)- RM want to speak to Nokia and I've just checked to see where the worksop postcode is and it doesn't f*** exist.

OH absolutely terrific- I'm so confused I could cry.
what the F****!!!! (Insert expletive here)!!! You are really not having a good time are you?!?!?!

Wonder if Nuknuk got yours? - havn't seen him on here in a while! lol...

- any luck with getting hold of mpd etc?!

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
what the F****!!!! (Insert expletive here)!!! You are really not having a good time are you?!?!?!

Wonder if Nuknuk got yours? - havn't seen him on here in a while! lol...

- any luck with getting hold of mpd etc?!
Oh Noob- believe me I've had it up to here. Nokia say they can't do anything until Royal mail have dealt with the claims form, sent something to Nokia, they have sent it back, RM send me a form for me to confirm i never received it- I sign it, send it back, they get in touch with Nokia who send it to their insurance company who eventually cough up- and THEN they can release me a new device.

Just sent an email to Karl Borges- since he's already had one from me a few weeks ago- virtually begging him to find a way to send me a new handset but I'm guessing the answer won't be any different.