Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
W000000000p - good to hear most people are getting them now!!!
Is that almost all pre-orders completed? anyone still waiting from Sept/Oct/Nov?

I had a funny moment in town today - popped in to get a memory card (Only got an 8gb - enough for me for now ) - went into the vodafone store and they asked for what phone, so i showed them, i then pretty much got flash mobbed! - about 15 customers plus all the staff just came over to look at it! - the vodafone guy had to explain to the upset guys looking at it that they do not sell it yet, but at the same time, they all had a good play!

It was a good boy, no slowness, and no bugs (not that I've had any!) - played bits of hellboy2 and Indiana jones, and then put it onto the tv in the store so they could all see - the guys in the store can't wait till they get one in hehehehe

There was 2 lads there looking at high end smartphones and i think they made up their mind there n then

I order mine back in November (1st) and then cancelled. Ordered a Motorola Milestone, had it a week, collected sooo much dust under the screen, I sent it back.

Re-orderd with MPD on Thursday Evening and Received this Morning.

So far the device exceeds expectation, well done Nokia Development on this

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by jackabite View Post
I order mine back in November (1st) and then cancelled. Ordered a Motorola Milestone, had it a week, collected sooo much dust under the screen, I sent it back.

Re-orderd with MPD on Thursday Evening and Received this Morning.

So far the device exceeds expectation, well done Nokia Development on this
Hehe - I'm intrigued with the comparison, as i was thinking about getting the milestone... fallen in love with the N900 though

Dont waste your money on the Milestone, it was an OK device and to be honest has many of the same benefits\issues as the N900. However for what I used a phone\tablet for I find the N900 meets my needs better.

Milestone Pros;
- Keyboard (yes I liked it)
- Google App Store (once fixed)
- Google Apps, Googles Maps, Stars, Voice etc.... all very good and missing from Maemo
- Solid Hardware Build

Milestone Cons;
- Browser is slow (ok first firmware)
- Dust collector (doesnt seem like a widespread issue)
- SIM FREE issues around protected apps (resolved now)
- MOTONAV as good as OVI MAPS (ie crap)
- No bbciplayer (beebplayer ok but doesnt play radio 7)
- Screen seemed small in comparison to N900 and iPhone (even tho it was 3.7")
- Music playback is juttery and skips when switching networks 2G\3G, a real let down, Quality was poor as well.
- MS Exchange support doesnt with remote wipe security policy

etc....

Last edited by jackabite; 2009-12-19 at 15:51.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Glasgow, Scotland
I am STILL waiting for mine. Ordered on 18th Nov and was faulty.

MPD told me delivery monday
then wednesday
then friday
then saturday

and guess what didnt arrive this morning.....

It better be here on monday or I'm gonna go to MPD HQ and steal one.

My mate ordered on the 15th DEC and he got his today.

****ING NONSENSE

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by finlaybob View Post
I am STILL waiting for mine. Ordered on 18th Nov and was faulty.

MPD told me delivery monday
then wednesday
then friday
then saturday

and guess what didnt arrive this morning.....

It better be here on monday or I'm gonna go to MPD HQ and steal one....................

****ING NONSENSE
.................... I'll come with you
GIVE ME MY GODDAMNED PHHONE... (please)

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
Originally Posted by patstew View Post
If you're interested, quidco are currently doing 20% cashback on the N900 direct from nokia, bringing it to £400 sim free and actually posted next day. Not as cheap as some got it for, but still cheaper than any other (not nokia/mpd) shops are offering, and they aren't even expecting stock until january, so it's doubtful there will be a big drop early in the new year. I ordered it on that deal yesterday evening and it was posted today, and the £100 cashback is tracked in quidco. Much better than MPD who refused to honour the T-mobile contract I ordered in september and suggested I get one of their current vodafone contracts, which are £70 more expensive even if you factor in £20 a month for the extra six months you're locked into the contract.
I've also got a 'giffgaff' (O2) PAYG sim which has unlimited free data until may, which is a pretty good deal.
Hi patstew, What is your order status? Have your received the phone?

im really pissed, ordered nov 9th /delivered 10th dec thurs/rebooting and froze 2 hours play only/sent back special delivery to nokia care/they recieved tuesday/phoned them all week,said 7-10 days turn over,now they say i might not get it back till after christmas,ARRRRH.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by bumblebeetuna View Post
im really pissed, ordered nov 9th /delivered 10th dec thurs/rebooting and froze 2 hours play only/sent back special delivery to nokia care/they recieved tuesday/phoned them all week,said 7-10 days turn over,now they say i might not get it back till after christmas,ARRRRH.
Alright in hindsight, I know but yu should really have sent it back to MPD, not Nokia Care. I had excatly same problem (but ordered 16th October). Nokia care sent me to their repair centre who couldn't do anything with it so I sent iit back to MPD at the end of last week. Got an email to say they've posted my replacement this morning. This whole thing is a nightmare for some.

Last edited by ninjaboxergirl; 2009-12-21 at 16:54.

My contract came through from MPD and they forgot to add the "Unlimited Landline" - fortuantely a quick call to Vodafone (great customer service) sorted it out, and I received email confirmation of the correct contract this morning.

So far phone is working great - I guess MPD made a mistake as they're busy, it's def worth double checking the contract details and not relying on them getting it right!