Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Melbourne
Originally Posted by DaveQB View Post
I think an easy way to find a lead on your problem would be to find /etc/ config files that were not updated with the update.

Code:
find /etc/ -iname "*dpkg-dist*"
Post back here what that turns up.
I have also tried this and have received the same result:
the only file that came up:
/etc/udhcp/libicd_network_ipv4.script.dpkg-dist

This should fix both of you.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
fatalsaint beat me to the bump of that particular solution (worked for me)

Last edited by Grant; 2010-01-15 at 00:52. Reason: redundant

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Yes it should. I wanted to make sure I wasn't having unnecessary files laying around before I made the change but once I seen what was in each file and came to the realization that the dist-dpkg file was supposed to be the replacement it made sense to me.

Would anyone want to set up as poll to see how many users are affected by the new wifi bug?

Originally Posted by Death Scythe View Post
Would anyone want to set up as poll to see how many users are affected by the new wifi bug?
It isn't a bug at least not for nokia. It is a bug from installing a program from the extra-devel repo namely it seems that it is the vpnc program.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
thanks for the help, i have tried that solution a few times now. and still no luck...am i doing something wrong?

Did you reboot the device after moving the file?

sure have. each time i typed the command line 'mv /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script.dpkg-dist /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script' with out the ' and the first time it looked to of have accepted the command as nothing came up after. but the second and third time it asked me if i want to replace the file. each time i typed the command in i restarted the phone..

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bay area ca
Originally Posted by NUTNDUN View Post
It isn't a bug at least not for nokia. It is a bug from installing a program from the extra-devel repo namely it seems that it is the vpnc program.
Why is this not a Nokia bug. People using N900 are not linux programmers. Even Techie guys will go over nuts this issue. May be Nokia should say only linux programmer should use this. There is no way to recover this back, even factory reset does not work . There should be a way to recover back not by hacking some files. There are so many suggestions to resolve this with no guarentee that it will work for every one. Can somebody put a simple solution (Not sending back to nokia) to try. How one can install rootsh when 3G is not working on ATT . 2.5G is too slow. Anybody know Nokia Care no?