Notices

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by mattiviljanen View Post
Just stopping by to say thanks for your hard work!

I noticed that having shot a video using 1080p I couldn't play it smoothly using cameraplus. Then I tested it with 720p video, and playback was smooth. Perhaps it all boils down to issue 33. I would have tested it by playing it back with Gallery, but... Yeah, pics and vids not appearing in gallery is already a known issue
Thanks for your support

I will be releasing an update in a short period that works around the images not being shown in gallery. I apologize for the delay.

To be honest, I personally consider video recording and playback to be highly experimental. It also drops frames while recording and I am yet to investigate the reason. In fact the encoders and decoders I am using need to be rewritten

Perhaps you could try the video on a desktop and see if it works or not?

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
- Don't inform tracker about our captured media as it prevents it from indexing the media
- Add ISO 800

Enjoy

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Can I take a photo from terminal? Does this app have a command line interface? That would be awesome!

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MacManus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MacManus View Post
Hi,

Can I take a photo from terminal? Does this app have a command line interface? That would be awesome!

Thanks
Unfortunately it does not yet. I can add a dbus interface for doing that. The only problem will be shipping the service file as it's not allowed by harbour

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you can enable dbus without service file for now, and it will be available at least while app is running.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
you can enable dbus without service file for now, and it will be available at least while app is running.
That is doable indeed. I can do an interface like:

QStringList enumerateModes() // We already have image, video, timer and I am working on sequential shots. In the future we will get panorama and ZSL (hopefully).
bool switchMode(const QString& mode);
bool startCapture(bool focus); // focus is ignored if mode does not support it
void stopCapture(); // mainly to stop video recording

and then a signal:
void mediaSaved(const QString& fileName);
void captureCanceled(); // if the user cancels the operation.

Would that work?

Last edited by MSameer; 2014-07-23 at 21:13.

0.0.28 available from OpenRepos with this changelog:

- Updated GStreamer to 1.4.0 (No user visible changes)
- Don't ignore the first tap on the capture button after returning from post capture view
- Reworked camera plugin selector
- Added sequential shots mode
- Fixed a rare crash when switching between front and back cameras

Enjoy

EDIT: I have removed that release from openrepos. I discovered a serious crash when playing back recorded videos.

EDIT2: I found a workaround for now and uploaded a new RPM. A proper fix will come in a future release but we should be fine for now.

Last edited by MSameer; 2014-07-28 at 17:34.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Hi, I've noticed a problem when using both origibal sailfish camera and cameraplus on the device: the sf camera will overwrite the picture files generated by cameraplus. For example if I first take one pic with camera plus, check the image file name from the gallery, then take another pic with sf camera, then go back to gallery and I can see the new picture has replaced the old one with the same file name.

Clearly this is more a problem with the sf cam not checking if it's about to overwrite a existing file than a bug with cameraplus, but I don't know what else to do with this info than report here.

Originally Posted by nestori View Post
Hi, I've noticed a problem when using both origibal sailfish camera and cameraplus on the device: the sf camera will overwrite the picture files generated by cameraplus. For example if I first take one pic with camera plus, check the image file name from the gallery, then take another pic with sf camera, then go back to gallery and I can see the new picture has replaced the old one with the same file name.

Clearly this is more a problem with the sf cam not checking if it's about to overwrite a existing file than a bug with cameraplus, but I don't know what else to do with this info than report here.
You can report it on http://together.jolla.com

I don't really know how can I workaround that issue in cameraplus (other than changing where I save the images and videos)

Thanks, I'll do that. I'll post here when I'm done (likely this evening) so people here can vote for it too.

The Following User Says Thank You to nestori For This Useful Post: