Active Topics

Notices

Same problem as Makeclick. New photos taken with CameraPlus don't show in Gallery (but older ones do, I think). Photos taken with stock Camera do show.

I took one photo with each app and looked at the files with File Browser; the CameraPlus one says "owner: nemo, group: nemo" but the stock Camera one is "owner: nemo, group: privileged". Does this have something to do with the pics not showing?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
check file creation time

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
check file creation time
Same time, one minute apart.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
I can reproduce it here. The only way to get tracker to index those images was to reset its database which caused tracker to reindex all the files and then they became visible.

However it still does not index new images. I am not sure why. I need to dig some more...

EDIT: Seems there is a regression in tracker. I think I found a workaround. I will see if I can push a fix out soon.

Last edited by MSameer; 2014-07-17 at 14:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the great app, it's better than the stock camera in many ways already! I've read this thread and I don't think this has been asked: is it possible for you to enable higher ISO values than the current ISO400 or is this limited by the camera driver? I read from jolla together that ISO640 was possible earlier on the stock camera. I would not mind even higher settings, as the camera is nearly unusable in normal indoor light conditions when taking pics of my kids who do not stand still for a fraction of a second.

The Following User Says Thank You to nestori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nestori View Post
Thank you for the great app, it's better than the stock camera in many ways already! I've read this thread and I don't think this has been asked: is it possible for you to enable higher ISO values than the current ISO400 or is this limited by the camera driver? I read from jolla together that ISO640 was possible earlier on the stock camera. I would not mind even higher settings, as the camera is nearly unusable in normal indoor light conditions when taking pics of my kids who do not stand still for a fraction of a second.
Thanks for your words.

If you are into tinkering then you can edit the file:
Code:
/usr/share/harbour-cameraplus/etc/gst-droid/gstdroidcamsrc.conf
There is a section:
Code:
[iso-speed]
0 = auto
100 = ISO100
200 = ISO200
400 = ISO400
Modify it by adding:
Code:
800 = ISO800
EDIT:
also edit
Code:
/usr/share/harbour-cameraplus/share/cameraplus/config
and change device-0 from:
Code:
iso-modes=0,100,200,400
to
Code:
iso-modes=0,100,200,400,800
Then restart the application. This should give you ISO 800 which is the highest the driver supports. If it improves the situation for you and does not produce artifacts then I can enable it in the next release

Last edited by MSameer; 2014-07-17 at 19:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Thanks, I tried this but was not able to save the .ini file, must be a permission thing which I dont know how to fix. Not much unix experience, sorry. I used tinyedit for this.

Originally Posted by nestori View Post
Thanks, I tried this but was not able to save the .ini file, must be a permission thing which I dont know how to fix. Not much unix experience, sorry. I used tinyedit for this.
You need to be root in order to edit the files.

I can attach the files here for you if it makes your life easier.

I will see if I can build an RPM for you but cannot promise it now.

EDIT: OK. I added ISO 800 so it should be available in the next release.

I also have an idea to try to bump the frame rate up a bit and decrease it in night scene mode. Not sure it will help but we can at least try
I will try to implement it before the next release but cannot promise.

EDIT2: increasing the frame rate to 30 caused the images to be significantly darker

Last edited by MSameer; 2014-07-18 at 18:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
I actually just managed to modify the files by enabling the dev mode, setting pw and installing nano

It seems to work beautifully, but did not have a change to put this into a proper field test as the kids are sleeping. Some noise in the test pics naturally but I rather have that than just blurry faces.

The Following User Says Thank You to nestori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Just stopping by to say thanks for your hard work!

I noticed that having shot a video using 1080p I couldn't play it smoothly using cameraplus. Then I tested it with 720p video, and playback was smooth. Perhaps it all boils down to issue 33. I would have tested it by playing it back with Gallery, but... Yeah, pics and vids not appearing in gallery is already a known issue

The Following User Says Thank You to mattiviljanen For This Useful Post: