Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by real_per View Post
Poorly written, not sufficiently tested, unoptimized code ?

It seems strange however that after having developed Internet Tablet for 5 years, the worlds biggest mobile phone company, can't write a browser, that performs decently on the most capable hardware they've ever shipped.

The fact that it works fine for others, provides some relief though, as hopefully this can be ironed out, in future iterations of the firmware. Then this'll be a leading device on the market. I just hope Nokia are aware of this, and are working to get there.
Your response doesn't fit with what I said.

Some report this issue... some report the opposite. So obviously (at least with some version of firmware) the browser can indeed perform decently. So there's an undiscovered gremlin here...

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I've followed the same steps and I still can't reproduce it. So it would definitely appear not to be a generic issue.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
So there's an undiscovered gremlin here...
That's what I meant.. I just called it what it's called in real life

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
It might depend on exactly which Google site you go to, plus what cookies the users have.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Anyway, filed as

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6819

because now I know it's not only me and the pattern seems to be the same with those who are affected.
You may want to vote.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
I can also confirm this behavior. I am having a little trouble believing that some devices have this problem and some don't...in a fresh out of box, same firmware state. I think some people are coming from faster devices and noticing it more than other people.

Either way, hope it gets fixed because it's really annoying.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
I can also confirm this behavior. I am having a little trouble believing that some devices have this problem and some don't...in a fresh out of box, same firmware state. I think some people are coming from faster devices and noticing it more than other people.

Either way, hope it gets fixed because it's really annoying.
How can you fail to notice the CPU getting pegged for 15 seconds in the load monitor? Face it, it's just not happening for some people - the CPU load drops straight off as soon as the page is loaded for me.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
How can you fail to notice the CPU getting pegged for 15 seconds in the load monitor? Face it, it's just not happening for some people - the CPU load drops straight off as soon as the page is loaded for me.
Really and you tested this how exactly? This happens all of a sudden out of the blue. It could be so many factors that you saying "it's not happening for me" with no test case is ridiculous. The google shortcut method doesn't reproduce the bug for me either yet I have seen this behavior on several occasions.

Wait till somebody finds a sure way to reproduce the bug every time and then you can come screaming I have a perfect build and you guys don't. This is getting a little sad and ridiculous.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
It isn't that simple. As has been demonstrated, even videos are indicating different results.

There are far too many variables in this scenario to peg the problem to something black or white at this point. Posting usage variables, firmware versions, etc will go a long way toward determining why some people report this issue and some like myself do not. Whether you choose to believe that is the case or not, it is. And there are many among the 300 Amsterdam device recipients who can confirm.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
It isn't that simple. As has been demonstrated, even videos are indicating different results.

There are far too many variables in this scenario to peg the problem to something black or white at this point. Posting usage variables, firmware versions, etc will go a long way toward determining why some people report this issue and some like myself do not. Whether you choose to believe that is the case or not, it is. And there are many among the 300 Amsterdam device recipients who can confirm.
Which is exactly what I am saying. It's a random issue that pops out whenever a set of variables come together. It obviously does happen though if several people are saying the same thing. Coming out and saying "this is not happening on mine!!!!" when nobody figured out a test case yet is ridiculous.

Maybe it's something that we installed...maybe it's the websites we go to who knows. I'll keep my eyes open and make a note of everything next time I see it. What's strange about the OP though is that it happens all the time on his device....

What's all this talk of firmware versions? I assume we use the production models with the latest available firmware....how can we be on different FW versions?