Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
@benny1967, i should try that from now on

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Not always. When I meet people in a chat room, I ask "Can you cook?" before we discuss other details...
hahaha. you are my new rolemodel.

i've voted! Lagging a bit isn't it!?

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Unfortunately it is still trailing behind - vote

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

At least it's no longer last... When I voted the n900 was down in last place with about 5%.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Not always. When I meet people in a chat room, I ask "Can you cook?" before we discuss other details...
Yeah but you use Maemo devices, too. You're clearly on the long tail in lots of categories

Voted, but not lookin good

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
I can't vote I am afraid, not in those categories.

It isn't a phone for one and not the best I have. The SMS support is appalling and Nokia had openly said it isn't a phone. That it was adding phone to it as an afterthought.

Anyone that designed it as a gadget for online or as a mini computer, would have considerd prolonged use for text input and added a word processor as standard, or the ability to handle .txt and .rtf files. As well as changing the location of the head phone jack to not be where it is, you can' hold, type and listen to music at the same time without RSI.

And it isn't the best gadget. I have had mine for 2 weeks and can't help but think it isn't finished. Like it is the N900 Beta and that at some point they will release it's finished OS.

I like it but having looked at that list I find myself almost voting for others.

I know I am ready for the comments of "people living under bridges" and "I am on the wrong forum", but I hope soon that my gripes can be changed. I voted for them all in the brainstorm, I just hope Nokia etc are listening and change SMS it none conversation mode, give the thing a word processor that can do .txt and .rtf, add ringtones for contacts and have an auto shut off for both wireless and internet, to save battery. Then I could use it for work.

The Following User Says Thank You to twigleaf1976 For This Useful Post:
Folks, let's vote. Those of us that actually know how to use this phone need to represent. This thing runs circle around any other supposed smartphone I've handled.

2d

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Wouldn't it be possible to set this as highlighted on the front page?
- the N900 is 4th in Gadget of The Year w 7500 votes
- and 5th in Smartphone of the year

a 3rd place would be quite nice, I guess.

BTW, isn't this a topic, which the community council could also drive?