Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
I can't get it to display videos from my Xbox XBMC or Azureus, I will give it a shot with Mediatomb in the next few days to make sure it isn't me and my settings.

-Rip

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Bundio!! Thanks, I will post this server as a suggestion on the website.

*you have been a great member here! we really appreaciate that
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Rip: just make sure your xbox and azureus are streaming a supported format. :/

What format are they using (Windows media?) ?

MArcelo

Originally Posted by jeez View Post
All ok here, Terry. Tested with 6 different youtube videos...
Could you please post the video title (or the video url) so I can also test it here?

Mplayer version would be nice too...
I have mplayer 1.0rc1-mameo.27.n8x0
and every video i try gives me the same issue. they all apear not in the usual great canola widescreen view. If anybody can help please let me know.

I have deleted and realoaded canola2 beta9 twice even deleted and reloaded mplayer.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Reporting FUPPES UPNP server under linux also works with the plugin, couldn't get the virtual folders working, but that's not the plugin fault.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Marcelo, thanks. If you are able to generate the packages later and upload them to the repo, I will report to this thread how well UPNP worked under OS2006.

Also, I fully understand that you are not able to support every different OS version out there. I won't blame you for that. Instead I keep blaming Nokia for their business decision to abandon 770 users after the N800 entered the market. But before going offtopic: I really appreciate that you guys and all the other software developers out have been able to keep the first IT alive so far.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I have tversity running on my computer sharing videos and music, music works fine alltough it has a minor lag when starting but video takes incredibly long time to start if it even starts, something like 30sec->few minutes. Works fine on mediastreamer so its pretty strange. Ill try to tweak my settings if it's something to do on my end. Btw I tried mplayer 24,25,26 and 27 so it doesn't seem mplayer problem.

yeah tragos,

and I know HE don't work quite well for you, but we here have it working on the He2008 that the best we can do for now

But

andy: maybe the default media player is dealing better twith the streamin of videos, due to format / codecs... I will investigate.. can you send us the seettings / encondings you are using? we did have problems / slowdowns in some formats with mplayer backend.

Marcelo

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Also some UPNP servers take quite some time before starting to stream the video. Especially if it is transcoded from bigger resolution.