Notices

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Please Post everything that you have about UPNP here.
Known issues will be here in the first post.
--------
Known Issues

Plugin: Youtube | What: Screen gets black when hitting hardware button back
Solution by now: you need to close canola using hardware button unfortunately.
----------
Plugin: UPNP | What: No support to MythTV
Solution by now: Don't use MythTV with Canola. It's a choice. We will not support what we consider to be a non-flexible, out of the standard (too much) server and after 3 years of trying to use it, we decided not to support. Yes we do know a lot about it, enough to decided that it doesn't worth the effort to support.

----------

BR

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Last edited by handful; 2008-05-21 at 17:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Is the UPNP plugin available for OS2006? I can't find it in the Application Manager.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No, it is not.

However, at least on 2008HE it works. Try getting it from the chinook repo.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
No, it is not.

However, at least on 2008HE it works. Try getting it from the chinook repo.
I tried, but couldn't install the chinook version because of package dependencies.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tragos For This Useful Post:
Sorry, maybe they will release the UPNP plugin for older OSes after some testing. However Marcelo suggested they will slowly drop 770 support, so maybe that's the start of this process.

The youtube plugin no longer displays in fulscreen. Anybody else having trouble with youtube?

Originally Posted by Terry_Davis View Post
The youtube plugin no longer displays in fulscreen. Anybody else having trouble with youtube?
All ok here, Terry. Tested with 6 different youtube videos...
Could you please post the video title (or the video url) so I can also test it here?

Mplayer version would be nice too...

Last edited by jeez; 2008-05-20 at 13:15.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Sorry, maybe they will release the UPNP plugin for older OSes after some testing. However Marcelo suggested they will slowly drop 770 support, so maybe that's the start of this process.
Thanks anyway.

I hope there will be UPNP support for OS2006 version, too. I would love to have a possibility to stream transcoded TV programs and music from my MythTV server to the 770. In OS2007HE this works with the default media player, but otherwise the Hacker Edition is not stable enough for me.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Tragos, We cannot guarantee the upnp working on the os2006/770 (it's really the heavier plugin today) but we didn't upload it because of the debian / key flaws issue, our guy responsible for that lost his key, and was not able to generate and upload the packages.

But we will do our best, it's just that we don't have enough people to maintain a lot of versions, so unfortunately we need to choose which ones to support or the project will stop : /

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Marcelo, i can report that all streaming works good with Mediatomb and Canola 2 UPNP plugin on both Diablo and 2008HE.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post: