Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
By releasing the device a sunny day!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I would say iPhone 4S is the perfect size.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
By releasing the device a sunny day!
If it gets released, will you buy it?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by maemish View Post
i would say iphone 4s is the perfect size.
hahahhahahahhahahahahhahahah
lol!!!!
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
If it gets released, will you buy it?
I think it’s a bit to early to talk about that. Do we even have device or just some proto mockups?

Value+price+support chen < 999 and i might buy it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
hahahahaaha
HtheB....
nonono...man
u so funny!

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
By the way I sometimes watch old movies and guess what: They are most of the time very very good despite the fact, they are not 4K and they are 4:3 and sometimes they even miss colour. Whereas I've seen a lot of crapy 4K, ultrawidescreen, HDR and whatever movies.
About that I couldn't keep my mouth shut
I like to watch old movies too. They come with black stripes on top and bottom and - as someone said recently - if there is a duel of two gunmen you might only see the guns but the heroes get cut on the left an right off the screen by the cropping. That's because it has been a film made for cinema 21:9, that got cut down for old tv format 4:3.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
The Nokia N810 wasn't a tiny one either. Would have preferred N900 HW in that case.

Also I don't remember N900 being transflective. If it is, then the touch panel ruins it. When I repaired my N900 I looked through the touch and it is like wearing sunglasses...
What surely is sunlight readable transflective LCD is Nokia N95 8GB or Nokia 6300, but keep in mind that in direct sunlight everything appears in grayscale!!!
So an AMOLED with huge brightness is maybe more desirable afterall.

About the sizes... currently using a Z3 Compact because of small hands and single handed usage. So I understand the concerns.
But for a qwerty I am willing to go bigger instead of a newer Compact Xperia.

But keep in mind that screen to body ratio also counts, and the mentioned iPhone 6 has a horrible screen to body ratio.

Last edited by quailstorm; 2018-12-18 at 18:20.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to quailstorm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
I actually asked chenliangchen on Twitter whether Linux or SFOS would become available on the phone next to Android, and then I got banned...
I had no problem asking Chen about Sailfish. Chen said he would talk with the engineers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
About that I couldn't keep my mouth shut
I like to watch old movies too. They come with black stripes on top and bottom and - as someone said recently - if there is a duel of two gunmen you might only see the guns but the heroes get cut on the left an right off the screen by the cropping. That's because it has been a film made for cinema 21:9, that got cut down for old tv format 4:3.
Yes that's often the case, but not always. Casablanca for example was filmed in 1,33:1. And of course all the old TV-productions, like inspector Morse.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit