Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Baltimore
I was told this is a manufacturer defect, but after talking to Nokia support, they said my warranty was expired and there's nothing they can do unless I pay. Anyone know a solution to this? If I do have to pay, how much would it cost?

told by who? nokia has never admitted a defect to my knowledge

id find someone on this board to fix it for you for $100. nokia might not even support the n900 at this point

As far as I'm aware it's being treated as a manufacturing defect, and some N900 owners are being offered replacement N8s and E7s.

Leave a message in this thread: http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/t5/Ma...ng/td-p/629019 over on the Nokia Support Discussins Forum. Vandelay will get back to you soon to discuss the issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Bit late to be expecting a N900 replacement...
But you should get some kinda replacement if it's a genuine fault.

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
As far as I'm aware it's being treated as a manufacturing defect, and some N900 owners are being offered replacement N8s and E7s.

Leave a message in this thread: http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/t5/Ma...ng/td-p/629019 over on the Nokia Support Discussins Forum. Vandelay will get back to you soon to discuss the issue.
As a point of clarification:
Is it a manufacturing defect that will be addressed out of warranty, or one that will only be addressed by Nokia in warranty?

Since a warranty specifically covers manufacturer defects, and since a warranty is time limited, and since Nokia hasn't declared any warranty extension for any issues at all, I wouldn't expect Nokia to do free repairs once the warranty expires.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
Since a warranty specifically covers manufacturer defects, and since a warranty is time limited, and since Nokia hasn't declared any warranty extension for any issues at all, I wouldn't expect Nokia to do free repairs once the warranty expires.
I didn't think there was an extension for this specific issue, but this thread seemed to be unclear (given the original poster's question) about it.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You're out of luck. Welcome to the great world of Nokia customer support.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Baltimore
Thank you for your replies, I have posted on the nokia discussions board and hope to hear back. Don't know if I want my phone replaced with another model, I have a lot of experiments in process with my N900, but I guess I have no choice.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by persianprez View Post
Thank you for your replies, I have posted on the nokia discussions board and hope to hear back. Don't know if I want my phone replaced with another model, I have a lot of experiments in process with my N900, but I guess I have no choice.
PM me, if you are deadbent on keeping your N9, I have someone local to you that should be able to fix the USB port.

PS I read your username as The Perser, lmao

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4