Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
those ACP people are vapourware...they give that type of reply to everyone usually...
True, but I think its better than nothing. It's giving a more clear message to the customer. also that compony takes the customers serious. It also highlights the question. How do you contact jolla?

twitter is not a option. I'm waiting for a press/market/customer contact.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-26 at 10:45.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...bla bla bla bla bla. Btw:
" It's giving a more clear message to the customer. also that compony takes the customers serious. It also highlights the question."

1) Even if about 50% of their reply is the typical empty nonsense?
2) You are sure YOU (as a consumer / private person) are their customer?

'No news are good news', and i hope this fits also Jolla.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
True, but I think its better than nothing. It's giving a more clear message to the customer. also that compony takes the customers serious. It also highlights the question. How do you contact jolla?

At least Jolla are giving details on Nov. 21 on their product etc while ACL have no firm date except for coming soon since more than 1 year!

Now I ask you; do you want the "good" communication of ACL and vapourware product or "poor" communication of Jolla and most probably real product?

I think Jolla did say the picture would be cleared after Nov. 21 but ACL are forever a cloudy picture...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...bla bla bla bla bla. Btw:
" It's giving a more clear message to the customer. also that compony takes the customers serious. It also highlights the question."

1) Even if about 50% of their reply is the typical empty nonsense?
2) You are sure YOU (as a consumer / private person) are their customer?

1) 50% nonsens to who? even 99 % are nonsens to the compony its extreamly important to give the market, customer a response.

2 Yes, I'm sure. they could of course target only componies in the future. But as I hope you do know they will release a product under their flag

'No news are good news', and i hope this fits also Jolla.

yes, that's the only thing we can do ATM so lets hope so.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-26 at 10:58.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland

From Linkedin page: http://www.linkedin.com/company/jolla , linked from Twitter account

About Jolla

Jolla Ltd. is an independent Finland based smartphone product company which continues the excellent work that Nokia started with MeeGo. The Jolla team is formed by directors and core professionals from Nokia's MeeGo N9 organisation, together with some of the best minds working on MeeGo in the communities.

Nokia created something wonderful - the world's best smartphone product. It deserves to be continued, and we will do that together with all the bright and gifted people contributing to the MeeGo success story.

Together with international private investors and partners, Jolla Ltd. will design, develop and sell new MeeGo based smartphones. The Jolla team consists of a substantial number of MeeGo's core engineers and directors, and is aggressively hiring the top MeeGo talent to contribute to the next generation smartphone production.

More information
for press: press@jollamobile.com
for recruiting: careers@jollamobile.com
general enquiries: info@jollamobile.com.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
iNot sure how serious this acl+jolla thing is, but i got this response from open Mobile.
They're trolls, plus their approach was always far from ideal, so much "smoke & mirrors" & closed processes/code etc.
IcedRobot was by far the most exciting approach, I looked into it again recently...
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=5636&page=2
Sadly it looks like progress has been very slow, it's basically almost completely stalled for many months now.
I haven't had a response to my last email to them (which you'll see in that thread), maybe we can get it moving again, touch wood.
Ofc it should be secondary to native code/apps, but I still think it could be a important ancillary project, roughly as important as HTML5.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-10-26 at 20:18. Reason: typo

Exellent, thanks for the mail. I looked at the page without seeing the mail. I will contact jolla. It's one only 25 days until sdk, sailfish and information of the device resurface.

I don't know if I agree of ACL but sure, there are some trollnes, about them. But do they actively looking for the attention or is it the community that make exceptation. Either way, we have to dates with Jolla locked down. That's excellent news for every one. Now, if we only can get the Jolla website up and running after the 21st and we are all good.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-26 at 22:32.

... I will contact jolla ...
Please leave them alone.

Originally Posted by bwalter View Post
Please leave them alone.
Its like the community question. Probably take lots of more time without any answer than my question. If they can't handle one question, they might be in the wrong buissniss.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-27 at 13:30.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Its like the community question. Probably take lots of more time without any answer than my question. If they can't handle one question, they might be in the wrong buissniss.
Dave find an out-door hobby, I'm not saying this harshly but the time will go much quicker outside than in these forums.

We all know you can't wait for more info, Slush and phone announcement but your turning to forum ghost. Go outside enjoy the sun while it lasts, find better ways to kill some time

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla