Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
They want it to work anywhere on the planet, cool. Just what I need!

They want it to run android.

What use is an indestructible phone if it has run out of battery?
the same reason the millitary using tanks, presidents using armored limousine, earthquake prone building and panic rooms. To limit the risk of...failure. Nothing is 100% under some conditions.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Another interesting bit in the article is that the company has been founded in April 2011, so they started just about the same time as Jolla.
The concept for Jolla 1st came up round then, but work in earnest didn't start till Sept/Oct 2011.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I trust Stskeeps judgement on this...If he posts that video which shows some of them at least in a bad light, i don't think Jolla have any links to them...

It could be they have deliberately come out of their cave now to grab some publicity especially with Jolla being on an upward curve right now in terms of PR...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-25 at 09:40.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I trust Stskeeps judgement on this...If he posts that video which shows some of them at least in a bad light, i don't think Jolla have any links to them...

It could be they have deliberately come out of their cave now to grab some publicity especially with Jolla being on an upward curve right now in terms of PR...
I wouldn't go as far as to say that, but it's an interesting detail about that particular news.

That said, there's definately a lot of startups that would benefit from the whole Sailfish story. It makes their ramp-up time a hell lot easier.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to say that, but it's an interesting detail about that particular news.

That said, there's definately a lot of startups that would benefit from the whole Sailfish story. It makes their ramp-up time a hell lot easier.
Like what start ups?

Dave what happened for you to put that message in your sig? What attack?

Is it your "thanks" signature disappearing or what?

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-25 at 10:29.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Dave what happened for you to put that message in your sig? What attack?

Is it your "thanks" signature disappearing or what?
Yes, but the show must go on. I will survive

But would be fun if Stskeeps said B sometimes, it's boring when bringing A to the table without example of B. He can keep C for himself/Mer/jolla.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-25 at 10:41.

Anyone seen an official sailfish logotype?

iNot sure how serious this acl+jolla thing is, but i got this response from open Mobile.

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your email.

We are working diligently to deliver ACL across multiple mobile platforms.Unfortunately I do not have specific release dates at the moment, but I will reach out to you as soon as I have further information.

Thank you again for taking the time to email OpenMobile.We are hoping to have an announcement in the very near future about a downloadable version of ACL - dates, timing, pricing, versions, support, etc.

Please be kind enough to stay tuned for more information as soon as I am able to release it.**

Thank you, Anita

Anita Tsantinis
Marketing Coordinator

those ACP people are vapourware...they give that type of reply to everyone usually...

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla