Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by biggzi View Post
rang there at about 5:30 abd a woman said that they were expected next thursday/friday. I ignored this because I dont believe anything they say anymoe.
I have to ask: why did you ring, then?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Tyne and Wear
Originally Posted by maemojedi View Post

This is the very first geek website where the geeks are so dense. You guys are making us Brits look bad

There is only one Nokia Flagship store in the uk: http://www.flagship.nokia.com/

By the way my local corner shop is coca cola's flagship store, if of course we go by the same logic

There's two flagship stores, feeling more dense yet. I was pointing out though that if Nokia and NokiaRetail aren't linked then why are they listing the stores together? You say the call centre staff are lying? but anyone you speaks to tell the truth? stay consistant

and using your Coca-Cola analogy is that store calling itself coca-cola? no. its advertising there is a difference. there is only one Brit on this thread making us look bad.

Last edited by hOrZa; 2009-11-21 at 06:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to hOrZa For This Useful Post:
The analogy he is trying to make was that just because something brands itself in the correct colour scheme and uses the right fonts, it doesnt mean its the real deal.

He may be wrong on the fact that there is one more flagship store, at Heathrow, however I think its a fair enough assumption that lots of Nokia staff may not have heard of one of their affiliates in UK, Nokia Retail.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by maemojedi View Post
I'm guessing you ordered through mpd/nokia retail
Yup as posted on many a post - wasn't my issue - trying to be informative and let everyone know when the latest rumors - dates are in one post for each type of post....

You just seem more interested in creating annoying threads!
so far 406 has the best post for peeps to get info from

Expected shipping dates:

Nokia: Now
MPD/Nokia Retail: 3rd December
Amazon: N/A
Play.com: 30th November (will be interesting!)
Shop.co.uk: 12th December (50 units)
Handtec: N/A
Oyyy: N/A
Expansys: 2nd December
Clove: Late December
Mobile Fun: 30th November

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by biggzi View Post
man i think they shut at 8:00 lol

rang there at about 5:30 abd a woman said that they were expected next thursday/friday. I ignored this because I dont believe anything they say anymoe.
According to http://www.nokiaretail.co.uk/stores/index.htm it shuts at 9pm on a Friday. Perhaps I should have called the Heathrow one while I waited for my food to arrive at the office

Anway, fingers crossed I get it before Wednesday as I have a conference in Bristol on Thursday and Friday and it would come in useful for note-taking (via Xournal probably).

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Can I just say a huge thanks to the mods for letting us keep this thread. It must be tempting to merge all the delivery threads into one. (One thead to rule them all..)

But this UK-centric thread is the only place I can bear to check. What with the cross-posting, people citing 'Nokia' 'Expansys' or 'Amazon' without specifying where they're from, and the slight... err... over-enthusiasm of a few people, I'm finding the other threads challenging. This one is more manageable.

I do wonder though - we've received a fair amount of information/dis-information along the road here: how much was from Nokia.co.uk and how much from NokiaRetail?

As far as dispatch: I don't think anyone in the UK has had a dispatch email yet (matching what Hannah said to me yesterday - next week, starting Monday, in reservation order). People in Italy and France have been notified, so we're a weekend behind them. But with luck the first fortunate few will have their n900s next week. can I put in a plea that they don't gloat?

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2009-11-21 at 10:21.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
The fact MPD sell other branded phones aswell Sony Ericsson, LG ect speaks for itself really. It is just a franchise but hopefully as the N900 front page says it may have first exclusivity rights with Nokia for retail.
Yes I have ordered from MPD and am expecting it 1-2 after the 3rd per the E-mail.

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
The fact MPD sell other branded phones aswell Sony Ericsson, LG ect speaks for itself really. It is just a franchise but hopefully as the N900 front page says it may have first exclusivity rights with Nokia for retail.
Yes I have ordered from MPD and am expecting it 1-2 after the 3rd per the E-mail.
Trying to move on from the McN900+Cheese examples (Franchises) - been there on many a post - does anyone have any more emails, phonecalls, rumours, companies to add?

Expected deliveries:

Nokia:24th-27th November (It better be right!)
Play.com: 30th November (rumour/guess)
Mobile Fun: 30th November (rumour/guess)
Expansys: 2nd December (rumour/guess)
MPD/Nokia Retail: 4th-5th December (Email/guess)
Shop.co.uk: 12th December (50 units)
Clove: Late December
Amazon: N/A
Handtec: N/A
Oyyy: N/A

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by orig_nuttah View Post
Nokia.co.uk is THE NOKIA lol and nokiaretail is the actual retailer for NOKIA but MPD is the only website advertising it... if you check, MPD directs you to nokiaretail.co.uk
No it isn't nokia.co.uk isn't Nokia

nokia.co.uk is a webshop owned by nokia and outsourced to another company.

The Following User Says Thank You to deadmalc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
No it isn't nokia.co.uk isn't Nokia

nokia.co.uk is a webshop owned by nokia and outsourced to another company.
Please please can we get over who is and isn't and get back to when each of them think they may actually deliver?

Domain name:
nokia.co.uk

Registrant:
Nokia Corporation

Registrant type:
Non-UK Corporation

Registrant's address:
Keilalahdentie 4
Espoo
Finland

Registrar:
Markmonitor Inc. t/a Markmonitor [Tag = MARKMONITOR]