Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Haaaalp!

I did "apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34" and it installed a bunch of stuff, but it ran out of space unpacking one of the packages (microb-engine?) ... it installed a ton of stuff, but said dpkg had an error. So I tried "apt-get -f install" but it said that it couldn't connect to the repositories... I noticed the wireless was offline. I couldn't reconnect! I guess one of the updates knocked me offline. So I rebooted... I SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT!

Now I can't boot to my flash (endless loop) but my bootmenu is still intact, and I can boot to one of my SD partitions. Is there any way to chroot into flash and continue the update? I actually don't know how to mount the flash partition...

EDIT: Found it!
Code:
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock4 /opt

Last edited by qole; 2008-08-11 at 18:41.

Ran the update. N800 didn't reboot. Manually rebooted it. Checked control panel still shows the old version.
Check Application manager's application details it shows installed version 1:4.2008.30-2 but the status shows Broken.
Help what should I do now????

Regarding bootmenu I got eager and just reflashed initfs with bootmenu using default diablo 2008-24 version. Seems to work like a charm. Should I worry? File initfs.bootmenu.jffs2 seems to have exact same file size as before ...

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
The regular version has strict dependencies (version ==), the -unlocked version does not (version >=). With -unlocked, you can upgrade the stuff Nokia ships beyond the version they ship without having to remove osso-software-version.

Side note to everybody. Please make sure you install the right version for your device (osso-software-version-rx34 for N800 and osso-software-version-rx44 for N810), or else a kernel/initfs upgrade may drop you into a reboot loop.
I boot from SD and havent been able to get the 4.2008.30.2 update to show up in application manager. So I booted to flash and I saw the update and it installed just fine. Am I only going to see the advantages of this update when I boot from flash? When I boot from SD will I be running on the previous version of the OS?
Thanks

Last edited by supergadgetman; 2008-08-11 at 18:29.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
?? Overheating back ??

Was this accompanied by battery drain?

Any idea of the cause?

I 've had this problem for the past couple of weeks...

I hope the update "fixed" it.
Yes, when you made your email app to be automatically updated every x minutes (instead of the manual update) the battery lasted only an hour or so...

But with the update it seems to work just fine, I have retrieved every 5 minutes and I'm running Vagalume... and still no loss of battery!!! (I've been using it for an hour or so)

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Haaaalp!

I did "apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34" and it installed a bunch of stuff, but it ran out of space unpacking one of the packages (microb-engine?) ... it installed a ton of stuff, but said dpkg had an error. So I tried "apt-get -f install" but it said that it couldn't connect to the repositories... I noticed the wireless was offline. I couldn't reconnect! I guess one of the updates knocked me offline. So I rebooted... I SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT!

Now I can't boot to my flash (endless loop) but my bootmenu is still intact, and I can boot to one of my SD partitions. Is there any way to chroot into flash and continue the update? I actually don't know how to mount the flash partition...

Code:
I did the same exact thing as you on my n800. The only difference is I am booting to SD with cloned diablo. I cant boot into SD card after i did apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34. I get the endless loop when trying to boot to my sd card. I can boot to flash just fine. Would you have any idea how I can remount my sd boot partition? I am booting to mmc2.

Thanks

Last edited by supergadgetman; 2008-08-11 at 19:04.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Arrgh! When I chroot to my flash from my Chinook partition and try to finish the Diablo update, I'm getting "401 Unauthorized" from catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/updates/diablo ! I think this is because it builds part of the password from the system version, and I'm trying to do it from a Chinook partition? Any way to fool the system into letting me download the files? If it is secret-secret-hush-hush, could you PM me?

EDIT: It isn't a system version thing. Thanks to those who sent me stuff. I think it is because I'm trying to do a minimal chroot, I need to do the full chroot... I think I'll set up my debian-chroot thing to use the flash partition instead...

Last edited by qole; 2008-08-11 at 19:20.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
as for 'map' application update - still hangs while searching for an address and is inconsistent (I can find a city in "city" menu but I can't find it via "address".

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Haaaalp!

Code:
bumped into much the same issue, except i didnt have a SD clone to fall back on. reflash time for me...

at least i had read your post before i spotted the symptoms so i did a backup before rebooting...

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Arrgh! When I chroot to my flash from my Chinook partition and try to finish the Diablo update, I'm getting "401 Unauthorized" from catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/updates/diablo ! I think this is because it builds part of the password from the system version, and I'm trying to do it from a Chinook partition? Any way to fool the system into letting me download the files? If it is secret-secret-hush-hush, could you PM me?
Hi,

I've run into exactly the same problem.

But I have the files; could I do something to save it?

thanks in advance.

Tags
browser, email, microb, modest, os2008, ssu, stability, update