Thanks, for the font hint, I confirm it works (even if I preferred nokia sans than vera).

To install fonts with KDE you can use the font installer after downloading the .ttf files.

The font installer is in KDE control center and in system administration menu. I did the install in aadmin mode (root pwd required)

Now we have a fix, but we still don't know how to reset the default font in microb to nokia sans.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by skibur View Post
How exactly did you install the .ttf fonts? In KDE? Where can I download the .ttf file? Linux Rulez!!!
It's been a couple of weeks since I did this... so hopefully I'm remembering what I did correctly In any case, I used information that I found here on the forums so you should be able to at least search and find the same information, if needed.

First grab the fonts here I'm using the first ones in the list (258k) - I'm not sure if it matters which one you use or not.

Then copy the font(s) to /usr/share/fonts/

Following the instructions either here or here for changing the default font x-western.

Edit: Elpaso's method sounds much easier - didn't even think of using KDE to install the fonts since the problem was in microb

Last edited by PinCushionQueen; 2008-01-13 at 18:22.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
PB: I have KDE installed on MMC2, and it is also the boot SD card. Now I want to make another boot SD to install XFCE, would this mess up anything, in particular the swap.img and local.img on the MMC1? I understand that, in this case, I will have to change the MMC2 everything I want to switch between KDE with XFCE.

And I am going to follow Ty (Aisu)'s instruction. Any do's and dont's?

TIA,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-01-13 at 18:54.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
Then copy the font(s) to /usr/share/fonts/
do you just copy the BZ2 file or do you have to untar then copy

I followed the instructions and got all files for mmc1 installed (n800, os2008 Ver: 2.2007.50-2, 2gb external sd Ultra II) fine. When I was trying to install local-mmc2 on the internal sd (2 GB Patriot), under the Application manager, it shows "Install application? local-mmc2 1.0.0-11551.6gb", then I hit OK, ..., unable to install local-mmc2. Would you please give me some help as how to fix this problem? I checked the file size. It was 498k. I downloaded it again, it became 499k (510548 viewed under the Winxp). Still no go. I even reformated the sd for FAT32, copied those files to mmc2. Still no go. "unable to install local-mmc2" Maybe I should try a different SD card?

Thank you.

I replaced the 2GB Patriot sd card (internal, mmc2) with Kingston 4GB sdhc, but I got the same result.

James Chao

Last edited by jllchao; 2008-01-14 at 17:45. Reason: Tried 4GB sdhc card, still not working.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Texas
I think MicroB font issue after KDE Install should be moved to this thread.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=14995

Sorry about this mishap. I was the second one to post on this thread and I asked about the font issue. I didn't know that everybody had this problem.

"Life is too short to waste on sleep" - Johnny Cunningham

http://www.skibur.com

Last edited by skibur; 2008-01-13 at 20:35.

Thx for your help PB! am all set. Is the cam any useful w kde?

Hi Penguinbait

In the build of KDE could you add evolution-exchange so we can gat at MS mail servers as they are pretty uiquitous these days and it is the one key thing for me that all three of the N*** have been missing.

Ta

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
PB: I have KDE installed on MMC2, and it is also the boot SD card. Now I want to make another boot SD to install XFCE, would this mess up anything, in particular the swap.img and local.img on the MMC1? I understand that, in this case, I will have to change the MMC2 everything I want to switch between KDE with XFCE.

And I am going to follow Ty (Aisu)'s instruction. Any do's and dont's?

TIA,

bun
XFCE DOES NOT WORK ON 2008 OS. We'll see what happens, but for now its KDE only on 2008OS
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
4 files in the mmc2 internet memory

1) local-mmc2 has been successfully installed.
2) kde file cannot be installed. It has leaved a corruted installation registry in the application manager.
3) kdesup cannot be installed.

Got local-mmc2 and kdeup removed successfully. But kde can't be uninstalled.

4) I can't access my mmc2 with usb cable. It says internat memory in use cannot connect.

Please help..

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, koffice