Active Topics

Hi, I've been trying to install this as well and followed the instructions. I have well over 2GB and have downloaded the files onto my internal card. The first file installs w/o any issues but I get an error msg for the 2nd one saying "unable to update kde-mmc2". I checked the app log and these are the last few lines, please help:
"Preparing to replace kde-mmc2 3.5.8-PB2 (using /media/mmc2/kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kde-mmc2 ...
dpkg: error processing /media/mmc2/kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/bzip2', which is also in package bzip2
rm: cannot remove '/etc/nss_mdns.conf': No such file or directory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/media/mmc2/kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb"

Originally Posted by redwolf217 View Post
I have same problem with kde-3.5.8-mmc1.deb file. This file is different size Than indicated in first post.....help me please

the only way round it, which worked for me was to reflash os2008 then re-install it.

How do i stop KDE windows from being bigger than the screen space? Some windows are too long or wide that i cant see the OK APPLY CANCEL button on the bottom of the window. Thats the single most annoying thing so far.

Otherwise KDE on my N800 is quite awesome. It just needs Flash 9 or 10 support in the browser to make it complete.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
It works with a single desk top. You slide the app around in the mini desktop on the task bar. In the mini desk top, on the task bar, touch the app respresented in it slide it and let go. Wow!
Bazanime,

This solution was posted earlier in this thread by Westy. Ideally it would be nice if the windows were the right size, but I think it's likely that this is the best workaround we'll get!

Now if we can just figure out how to re-set the fonts so they'll work again in MicroB, we'll be set. I've spent a lot of time fooling around with KDE in the last day, and even though it is a bit slow and we have some funkiness with the window sizes, it simply blows me a way to have a full OS in my N810!

Originally Posted by djashjones View Post
the only way round it, which worked for me was to reflash os2008 then re-install it.
thanks djashjones,
I reflash os2008 and is ok now the size, but I have big problem for to install KDE.....

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by sidofren View Post
Hi, I've been trying to install this as well and followed the instructions. I have well over 2GB and have downloaded the files onto my internal card. The first file installs w/o any issues but I get an error msg for the 2nd one saying "unable to update kde-mmc2". I checked the app log and these are the last few lines, please help:
"Preparing to replace kde-mmc2 3.5.8-PB2 (using /media/mmc2/kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kde-mmc2 ...
dpkg: error processing /media/mmc2/kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/bzip2', which is also in package bzip2rm: cannot remove '/etc/nss_mdns.conf': No such file or directory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/media/mmc2/kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb"

remove the bzip2 package. You have bzip2 installed, remove bzip2 from aplication manager. My package also contains bzip2 file in same location

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
anyone having install issues, I am on yahoo and aim as penguinbait and msn@penguinbait.com on msn

Available for a few

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
Bazanime,

This solution was posted earlier in this thread by Westy. Ideally it would be nice if the windows were the right size, but I think it's likely that this is the best workaround we'll get!

Now if we can just figure out how to re-set the fonts so they'll work again in MicroB, we'll be set. I've spent a lot of time fooling around with KDE in the last day, and even though it is a bit slow and we have some funkiness with the window sizes, it simply blows me a way to have a full OS in my N810!
I have not been able to get that solution to work for some windows Namely secondary windows in Kmail and KOrganizer - for example, if I adding a New Event to Kalendar and I try to move the window (so I can tap Ok/Apply/Cancel) using the pager system mentioned - only the main application window moves and not the secondary/dialog window. Can one of you guys using the pager in the system tray to move windows confirm this - or am I crazy. As a result - I've just continued to use my Keyboard Shortcut fix for this problem. I wouldn't mind having both available though.

Also you can "fix" the font problem in Microb by install some other .ttf fonts - I've chosen Bitstream Vera and it works really well almost just like the original microb fonts.

Originally Posted by redwolf217 View Post
thanks djashjones,
I reflash os2008 and is ok now the size, but I have big problem for to install KDE.....
like what problem? I did not have any.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
Also you can "fix" the font problem in Microb by install some other .ttf fonts - I've chosen Bitstream Vera and it works really well almost just like the original microb fonts.
How exactly did you install the .ttf fonts? In KDE? Where can I download the .ttf file? Linux Rulez!!!

"Life is too short to waste on sleep" - Johnny Cunningham

http://www.skibur.com

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, koffice