Active Topics

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ The Great White North
The manufacturers part numbers for the powermonkey battery pack are PM-ClassicBlister (about 60 bucks US) for the basic 2200 mAH battery pack, AC charger and adapters and the really fancy part number PM-eXBoxYellow (or blue or black comes in colors) (about 120 bucks US) for a fancier battery pack ( has short circuit protection and charges with less power) and solar panel in addition to the AC charger and adapters. The AC adapter comes with plugs for all over the world for both models. I love mine (even though it set me back almost as much as the N800 (I got mine used ).)

Thanks, electrolind. Too bad it's too late for me to order before I go on vacation this Thursday. I'll just take my Tekkeon MP1500 with me this time.

Originally Posted by ch8xy View Post
I don't know if it is called stealing, but if you look around, you can find electric outlets in many airports. I have managed to recharge my n800 between flights several times in the past.
Deninitely not stealing but:
1) you have to have charger with you
2) there has to be electric outlet available

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
I have "sold" three N8xx to my fellow employees since I have been carrying my N800 to Germany and France. Two of them wanted it for the low cost phone calls (GrandCentral with Gizmo and $8.00 unlimited wifi via Boingo). The other employee wanted to try out HAVA and make phone calls. The only short coming I found was the steep learning curve they faced. If it was not for me providing a lot of 'hand holding' those units would still be in the store.

FM radio with Nokia's online FM radio database for many counties is also a nice option while in airports, hotels, etc!

I have found myself a many of times looking at walls and columns in airports for an outlet, reminds me of a dog looking for a spot to relief himself.

<<When I wait in airport terminals and don't want to pay $10 for internet access, [the FM radio] gives me free entertainments and news.<<

The newly acquired BoostMobile PayGo rounds up my mobile computing setup. With a used i605 (thanks to YouDude et al) and montly fees of around $7, I now have a cell phone for use while traveling and free dial-up internet access wherever I can't find wifi.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
With wifi and battery, the tablet is definitely better than wiskey and woman/man/both .
As much as I love my N800, I must beg to differ.

Perhaps you just haven't seen the full scope of what whiskey and women can offer. You need to try some better whiskey, and maybe get some books on, um, intimate relations.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
Deninitely not stealing but:
1) you have to have charger with you
2) there has to be electric outlet available
3) You got to be the 1st to be there. Bunanson is always hawking on the outlet wherever/whenever, so does those notebook users.

And I always have my secret weapon along, when I laid it out, it melts all the notebook users offensive defense: a multiplet adapter!

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-17 at 19:11.

Don't literally have to be first; just bring a big fat power strip. When one user is using the outlet, and two more want to, and you walk up with a power strip, you've now got 3 people on your side. That dude's gettin' unplugged, one way or the other, and your power strip's goin' in.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
a...one way or the other, and your power strip's goin' in.
I loved the way you put it, I can even picture the whole scenerio when Benson holding a power strip with 3 dudes on his side and a malicious grin on his face....
"Sir/Madem, would you mind...."

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-17 at 19:48.

I am currently waiting for my red-eye express at LAX, and am posting this message at a Samsung "mobile charging station" with my n800 plugged-in. What a wonderful idea, Samsung! Better keep your eyes open--you may find one of these charging stations when you need the juice.