Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
You can add a 64GB mSDXC, but it falls back to class10 mSDHC speed, & you need to reformat it to FAT32, as there's no SD3.0 support in SGSII.
Going with SDXC at least gives you the option of capacities beyond 64GB, but it's still very pricey, & won't be good value till approx. this time 2012.
There are better value 64GB SDHC's*, but again, FAT32 (so 4GB file-size limit), & poor R/W performance compared to the built-in storage.

* official spec says max is 32GB, but OEM's can bend the rules, & up it to 64GB if they want.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-18 at 18:45.

btw. , the cheapest prices for pre-ordering the N9 in switzerland are 16GB ~ 472€ and 64GB ~532€ including VAT.

hope my N9 arrives soon, i've pre-ordered it two weeks ago

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hydroponies For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Is there a equivalent thread for this @ the MeeGo forum?
There should be, now that N9's starting to pop-up worldwide.

*EDIT*
Oh wait, TMO probably is more suitable...
Now that MeeGo's dying and becoming Tizen.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Hm I bought mine for 370 euro, plus 12.5 euro each month for 12 months with a subscription I will never use.

So a total of 522.40. Which is the cheapest price in norway for the device. Without taking into account the benefits of another plan, which I wont do, because... wow thats a shitton of factors.

Originally Posted by Hydroponies View Post
btw. , the cheapest prices for pre-ordering the N9 in switzerland are 16GB ~ 472€ and 64GB ~532€ including VAT.

I've seen this prices, but if you are outside of Switzerland, they subtract 8% VAT, charge high shipping costs an then you have to pay duty and VAT (21% only VAT in Italy)

Last edited by delmar; 2011-09-29 at 14:32.

Originally Posted by delmar View Post
I've seen this prices, but if you are outside of Switzerland, they subtract 8% VAT, charge high shipping costs an then you have to pay duty and VAT (21% only VAT in Italy)
Hm, I make the difference ~92 EUR + shipping. Should be a lot cheaper to just drive over there (might as well make it a day trip and have some fun while you're at it while the weather's still nice) and get one yourself.

Originally Posted by Hydroponies View Post

Any idea when it comes out there?
That's amazing price for 64GB for what you can find it from Finland.

It's really a shame that the Cyan 64GB is not yet available. Imo the cyan N9 looks so much better than the black that i might get it just because of that, even if i would kind of need more than that 9GB available on 16GB version.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-09-29 at 15:11.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
To make this thread as helpful as possible, maybe the original poster could consolidate all the prices to the first post in:

price - country - link to seller (if available) fashion

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I say that's about the price I paid for my first N900, but comparing that to an SGSII for instance, pay some more 20 bucks and you get a 64GB, dual-core... device.
Still don't understand the obsession with dual-core. Surely it's more worthwhile to judge the user experience, not some number?

American cars have big engines, but that doesn't make them good to drive.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Still don't understand the obsession with dual-core. Surely it's more worthwhile to judge the user experience, not some number?
They can be more efficient.

American cars have big engines, but that doesn't make them good to drive.
Italian cars have even bigger engines and are extremely fun to drive.