Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
I have a couple of scripts and a zenity-based GUI that I wanted to package as a deb. As per various tutorials, i have arranged the files into folders, created control and the .desktop files.

I only have a WIN7 computer so I want to do my packaging in my N900. I tried packaging with
Code:
dpkg-i xxxx
in MyDocs but I got errors as it was FAT32.

Next I moved it to /opt/debuild/ and tried to package from there. It successfully compiled but
a) I could not install via HAM (application not compatible error, i think)
b) I installed successfully via dpkg -i, and it became visible in the menu. But I could not run it.

So please, could somebody tell me what I am doing wrong? Oh, and I want to run my scripts as root, so i did put this as my exec in the .desktop file:
Code:
sudo /usr/bin/run-standalone.sh /pathto/myscript.sh
Is this right?
Attached Files
File Type: zip appconversationmodder.zip (4.5 KB, 82 views)

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-03-09 at 05:28.

check out mobilehotspot on garage (writing this on the go so can't link now)

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
check out mobilehotspot on garage (writing this on the go so can't link now)
I am sorry, but what is there to check out in http://mobilehotspot.garage.maemo.org/ that is specific to my question? Please explain...

I have finally managed to make a deb using dpkg -b from my N900. It can be installed with dpkg -i but cant be installed by the application manager. Can anybody help me? I am attaching the deb file here.

Thanks,
EJas
Attached Files
File Type: deb conversationmodder.deb (3.8 KB, 78 views)

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
I am sorry, but what is there to check out in http://mobilehotspot.garage.maemo.org/ that is specific to my question? Please explain...
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scm...=mobilehotspot is the debian dir, check the scripts there.

what is the problem with application manager? an error message ?

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scm...=mobilehotspot is the debian dir, check the scripts there.

Thanks, I am checking out the scripts in the directory now. One question, which of the following are mandatory?
Changelog
compat
control
copyright
.postinst
rules

In my debian folder i now have only a control file. Are the rest required.
what is the problem with application manager? an error message ?
Yes, it shows 'incompatible application package' error. But installs perfectly under dpkg -i.
Any ideas?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

You need to put in the control file the section, the architecture and installed size to be read from hildon app manager when building with dpkg -b.

Section: user/desktop
Priority: extra
Maintainer: yourname <youremailaddress>
Package: packagename
XSBC-Maemo-Display-Name: Name to show in App Manager
Architecture: armel
Installed-Size: 101
Version: 0.0.1
Description: Short description.

In your postinst file you have to type the chmods you need in order to run the script aswell.

Last edited by gionni88; 2011-03-08 at 10:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
You need to put in the control file the section, the architecture and installed size to be read from hildon app manager when building with dpkg -b.

Section: user/desktop
Priority: extra
Maintainer: yourname <youremailaddress>
Package: packagename
XSBC-Maemo-Display-Name: Name to show in App Manager
Architecture: armel
Installed-Size: 101
Version: 0.0.1
Description: Short description.

In your postinst file you have to type the chmods you need in order to run the script aswell.
Thanks guys, it seems to be working now. I think it probably was because i was missing XSBC-Maemo-Display-Name: and Section:

Now, moving onto Uploading to extras-devel. I made account in garage and all associated actions. I tried using the web assistant but I am stuck on uploading the .changes file.

I am developing my app (which is basically a bunch of shell scripts) on my N900 itself. How can I generate a .changes file?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS