Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Thanks to the excellent work of Fcrochik we can have quite a nice "app" experience to browse streetview. In fact, he tweaked Macuco2 the way one can call it from dbus to open a certain url fullscreen, and decide in advance which user agent to declare.

Install the latest Macuco2 (or update it); copy the attached .desktop file to /usr/share/applications/hildon/ and the .png file to /usr/share/pixmaps/ - and there you go
I tried this last night and found streetview to be much more responsive. Thanks for your efforts!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Thanks to the excellent work of Fcrochik we can have quite a nice "app" experience to browse streetview. In fact, he tweaked Macuco2 the way one can call it from dbus to open a certain url fullscreen, and decide in advance which user agent to declare.

Install the latest Macuco2 (or update it); copy the attached .desktop file to /usr/share/applications/hildon/ and the .png file to /usr/share/pixmaps/ - and there you go
Great!

What about packaging these two files, perhaps augmented with a local strade file and "file:///...." instead of http to your website, as a cute new Maemo application? It should of course depend on the latest version of macuco2.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
What about packaging these two files, perhaps augmented with a local strade file and "file:///...." instead of http to your website, as a cute new Maemo application? It should of course depend on the latest version of macuco2.
My debian packaging abilities tend to decay with time in an asymptotic way, and I'm close to zero now, to the point I can't remind how to start. Need a madeleine or some external memory implant

Please try http://www.debernardis.it/strade3-4.html with Macuco, and tell me if you like better this one, or the previous version (http://www.debernardis.it/strade3-3.html) with two panes.

Good news!

Javascript Streetview now works again with microb something must have changed in google's servers.

Enjoy either two-panes or single pane modes (don't forget to activate hover mode).
Attached Images

Last edited by debernardis; 2011-02-23 at 06:41.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Would it be possible to make a native 3D accelerated Streetview client? (lots of FPS and responsivity, option to control the camera with the accelerometers, option to synch map position to GPS etc)

I think syncing to gps is quite possible, dunno for your other wishes. One thing I would like to do when I have time (but I'd be grateful to others if they do as well) is adapting the very good Maemaps page in http://www.tomch.com/maemaps to javascript streetview (now it uses flash, which doesn't work). This already has gps positioning (but might not have continuous tracking).
Also, the guy who could bring us what you're looking for is Fcrochik with his geeps. We talked about it and he said geeps is kind of a web browser, and it's possible to add the javascript part to show streetview. So asking him might be the thing to do

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Milano, Italia
I have been fiddling with Google sample code and I've put together this. Feel free to improve it.
Good job, now i can use street view

The Following User Says Thank You to negus72 For This Useful Post:
Good news!

Javascript Streetview now works again with microb something must have changed in google's servers.

Enjoy either two-panes or single pane modes (don't forget to activate hover mode).
Very good to use street view with our beloved microb

Would be possible to detect portrait mode and rescale window to show correctly the image this way?

Thanks!