Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
No clue, honestly. In python, at least, indentation (not sure if tabs count, or only spaces) is the determining factor of how things are grouped. I'm not sure. I mean, we're dealing with an interpreter that's built-into Mokomaze, right? So it's possible it does register tabs as something interpretation-changing.

(This can be answered by someone who knows coding well enough looking at Mokomaze source code.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
but isn't that only a tab? i thought only spaces matter...
Whitespace should not matter in JSON, at least according to standards. If it is a matter of whitespace it could mean that the JSON parser included in Mokomaze's sources if faulty. In that case it could be feasible to reimplement some parts to use libjson (which should be quite reliable).

It is really uplifting that there is quite a lot of interest in this game in Maemo community. I will try to address some of many feature requests and bugfixes this or (more probably) next weekend.

I would also like to point out that I am not the owner (or any other type of authority) of this project. It would be much appreciated if other devs got involved into this project.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Damn. Imagine having plenty of user contributed level packs, 100s of levels, converted to run 800x480 sinces it's native and simple. This could be the classic game for us Maemo users. Runs great, simple yet difficult.

If I get the time, I'm gonna make some alternate graphics and a level pack.

Edit: Although I don't have time for a level pack right now, here's what I did graphics-wise:

If anybody wants a brighter game, just extract these three images and put them in /opt/mokomaze/data. Back up the originals first, of course.

Edit: I realise the brighter graphics can make the yellow words semi-hard to see, but they're still visible and I'm sure if you dug around python you could change the color, if I have the time, I'll look into it.
Attached Files
File Type: gz images.tar.gz (179.9 KB, 195 views)

Last edited by mattbutsko; 2011-01-13 at 00:41.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattbutsko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
I would also like to point out that I am not the owner (or any other type of authority) of this project. It would be much appreciated if other devs got involved into this project.
Where is the source code? I can have a look, but doubt I'll be able to contribute much...
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

The Following User Says Thank You to magnuslu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by magnuslu View Post
Where is the source code? I can have a look, but doubt I'll be able to contribute much...
Sources of released versions can be obtained here:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ce/m/mokomaze/

Those sources are based on ubuntu 0.5.5 package. Anton cleared that the latest sources are located here:
https://github.com/Sektor/mokomaze

We should upload N900 changes to Mokomaze project main git repo. I plan to do that when I have enough time.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post

/opt/mokomaze # /opt/mokomaze/mokomaze
File_loader: savegame file not found
File_loader: 48 game levels parsed
Home directory /home/user not ours.
Main: can't load font '/opt/mokomaze/data/LiberationMono-Regular.ttf'. Exiting.
/opt/mokomaze #
guys I still need help here. I placed the proper font file there, but I'm still getting the "can't load font" error and the applications simply quits.

Any ideas? anyone

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
okay, another levelpack file. won't work either, don't know why.
I've added our levelpack file and the original one to compare.
An attached levelpack is misformatted. See lines 529 and 762 and pay attention to a "boxes" entries:
Code:
{ 

"comment": "level 14",

"boxes": 
               ],

"holes": [
               { "x": 448, "y": 530 },
Code:
{ 

"comment": "level 18",

"boxes": 
               ],

"holes": [
               { "x": 323, "y": 45 },

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyrax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
Cyrax
You have part of the problem. I have changed the script to allow for there being no walls in a level ( causes the boxes problem on levels 14 and 18 ) but the bigger problem is that these Teeter levels where designed for an 800 pixel wide screen. I will attach a new version of the script tomorrow ( it now creates main.levelpack.json from a folder of txt files ) but all the posted levels have a parameter greater than 640.

Edit : Its mostly the boxes problem that stops thing working but the levels are mostly impossible because something is off the screen = you cant even do level 1.
Agro ... : |##--------] Relic(s) : 770,N800,eee

Last edited by rcull; 2011-01-13 at 22:17.

@ rcull: You have to edit some parameters to make the levels run in 800x460 instead of 640x460. Instructions here (step 1 is the most important).
Actually we WANT the levels to be in 800x460, because that way Mokomaze can run in full screen...

I'm looking forward to the levelpack - great scripting work, thanks for that!

The Following User Says Thank You to woussie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by woussie View Post
@ rcull: You have to edit some parameters to make the levels run in 800x460 instead of 640x460. Instructions here (step 1 is the most important).
Actually we WANT the levels to be in 800x460, because that way Mokomaze can run in full screen...

I'm looking forward to the levelpack - great scripting work, thanks for that!
*Ahem* 480, not 460, is the vertical resolution on the N900 screen.

Re: Cyrax's post (but more at what rcull said about Cyrax's post): Actually, if you look at the "boxes" entry, there's something else that's wrong:

There's a bracket end ( "]" ) but not a bracket beginning ( "[" ). So presumably the bracket end closes off some early, early bracket for the entire level pack's code, and screws the entire thing over.