Notices

Originally Posted by di1in View Post
where do i download the latest version from?
Up,

Any news?

thanks

Originally Posted by Ali View Post
hi OPtX

i have to say that on the issue of transmission that Let N900 behave unresponsive or slow responsive still remains in this version altough this one looks stabler but i wanted to ask if u could do something about that problem of freezing and slow responsive behavior??

thanks in advance!

ps: my english is not very well and i am noob with linux
Thats not an issue with transmission as has been stated before. The problem is that when you start a torrent - a large empty file is created. The IO handling causes the N900 to lag.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
2.11 is not ready for good use, the text in the buttons is not real readable enough in some places.The last one i put up still works on the PR 1.3
Im about to redo the Gui like i did last time. The new version has more code inside than the last one so i have to find my way through again.
Hope im soon done.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by OptX View Post
2.11 is not ready for good use, the text in the buttons is not real readable enough in some places.The last one i put up still works on the PR 1.3
Im about to redo the Gui like i did last time. The new version has more code inside than the last one so i have to find my way through again.
Hope im soon done.
This is just a thought, and I'm no developer, but in looking at the transmission web site http://transmissionbt.com, it seems you can administer transmission from a web browser once the client is running.
So to save time on creating a GUI for the N900, would it be easier to implement it as just a background daemon and then connect and manage it via MicroB ?

hey OptX any recent developments?? hv u managed to develop a further stable new version..

Originally Posted by vivek5000 View Post
hey OptX any recent developments?? hv u managed to develop a further stable new version..
I was real close with 2.12 , but my good old dev-pc is history

Im about 90% done with a new (old) one, so i hopefully can go on real soon

Edit:
The only thing that stoped me from releasing it, was all the info stuff you see when you choose a singel torrent. Fontsize did not fit well, and when i changed it the way i did before, i got a segmentation fault.
The rest went fine with all the menus (1,2,3,4,5...)
To be honest, i dont really like the way the menu is with that numbers, was just a quick fix...
Nobody knows what is where
Will have a look how to make it more easy ...

I was on their site and they are @ 2.13 lol one update after the other. Good that i have a routine now, where to change what

Last edited by OptX; 2010-12-12 at 12:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
hi!

is there a way to revert the transmission settings to default?

keeps lagging on the hash checking and takes hours before the app be fully responsive.

thanks and happy holidays

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

@ gabby131, have a look @ /home/user/.config/
Erase the Transmission stuff (folders) and you shoud be good to go.

Im stuck with getting 2.13 to work the way i want it. Need much more to learn how things work
The only workout i have so far is the transmission-deamon with webui. I even managed to get a java UI running with icedtea

Normal :

Transmission-remote-java:

If you guys want it, i will make a howto.

Merry X-Mas

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by OptX View Post
@ gabby131, have a look @ /home/user/.config/
Erase the Transmission stuff (folders) and you shoud be good to go.
thanks yo!

another reason being is (why i need to revert settings back to default) i always got an error saying "tracker got an error, torrent file did not pass blah....blah...blah..." and then.......transmission stops and becomes unresponsive. did not happened before.

and since i then, i did not have smooth downloads with transmission,

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-12-24 at 04:06.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK, England
Hi there OptX,

I'm wandering if it is normal for the phone to (80%) freeze up/ become near enough unresponsive when downloading a single torrent.

The torrents tracker(s) had loads of seeds 20000+ but yet it struggles to show any sign of downloading although I know it is because when ever I reset the phone so I can use it I go onto mass storage mode to delete the file (because I cannot on the phone because of some error [Could be a read only i think..]) Yeh continuing with what I was saying

When I go to delete the file it shows that the file infact had downloaded 192MB and the file was 550MB. My (Home Network) internet speed dl speed is 50Mbps (5.5MB) a sec on the ps3/laptop. Are there any recomendations of the settings I should change, I have messed with a few but that was to allow more connections to peers for the weaker torrent seeds.

Hope that all makes sence, only just woke up at my desk... Ahh what a long day this'll be...

Tags
bada rox, transmission