Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Sweet. Nice work Reggie.

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
My suggestion to Nokia for criteria on which to base any decision for distributing free N800s or discounts.
  • 20 or more posts in ITT.
  • Have said they will not buy N810 in the "will you buy" thread.
  • Enthusiastic about OS2008.

From the qualifiers, then choose one person for each country of residence.

Sorted.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by dormant View Post
Or that didn't even look at that thread

you know, if i can make a suggestion, since i did start this.

as much as I think we deserve a break on the product (as early adopters definetly take a hit), I feel that we should also have to earn this discount in some way.

not all of us are programmers, and there is a certain program to take care of those people. but, at the same point, this community does help the general beta/debug process, and it would be smart to find a way to incorporate the discounts with this user base, or something else along those lines.

i wouldnt be against doing the following things to receive a discount:

1. fill out a customer survey for Nokia about its Tablet & Phone products

2. my membership/post count on ITT be consider towards it

3. maybe a video contribution to Thoughtfix's contest (one solid entry = discount eligble)

4. you have to goto a site to get the discount, and input your 770/N800 units serial # in order to generate a discount code (or use it as a coupon code on checkout). this code is a one time use, and would be emailed to you.

Im not saying it should just be given to us (which wouldnt be bad), but at the same time id hate to see this end up on Slickdeals or Fatwallet and new users taking advantage of it. Just my thoughts. Thanks for everyone who's looking out for the user base.

Last edited by Garage Battle; 2007-11-02 at 17:26.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Well. As I've said, everyone would enjoy a discount. $479 is a lot of money (did I mention the Canadian dollar just hit $1.07? I didn't? Well it did. But that's still a lot of money.) and as I also said before, if they want to work something out I'm sure we'd be gracious to accept it... but I really hope it doesn't take away from any benefits actual developers would get.

Most of us here are end users and whether technical or not, many have provided valuable feedback, etc.

I'll just flat out admit. I have *no* idea what kind of metrics should be considered so far as eligibility goes.

And on the side, if anyone from Nokia is paying attention to this thread, I used my 770 on the subway daily for months from Dec 2005 onward when they weren't available up here. In that time I must have demoed it to over 50 people who were curious what I had in my hands. For the love of #$&*&#$, there might only be 30 million people in this country but there's a huge interest in tablets. Don't forget about us canucks up here! Or at least tack 'Sorry, eh!' to the end of the "unfortunately not all products are available in all markets and we have no plans to release this product in your market space" standard form reply email whenever I inquire as to whether or not you'd like my $500.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
Don't forget about us canucks up here! Or at least tack 'Sorry, eh!' to the end of the "unfortunately not all products are available in all markets and we have no plans to release this product in your market space" standard form reply email whenever I inquire as to whether or not you'd like my $500.

Don't forget the Aussies too (hi everyone, first time poster - been reading for the last few weeks).

Haven't owned a tablet before but have previously considered importing Nokia's previous two versions (the 800 is available from only 1 retailer in Australia I think - and on request order).

Definitly want to buy the N810 but my email to Nokia didn't provide me with any information re availability locally (just that it wasn't released yet. which I knew) - although they did say I would be able to download Aus GPS maps if I import.

Good thing the AU$ is doing so well against the US$ at present, although I am concerned that my warranty won't be accepted on import.

Originally Posted by dormant View Post
My suggestion to Nokia for criteria on which to base any decision for distributing free N800s or discounts.
  • 20 or more posts in ITT.
  • Enthusiastic about OS2008.

From the qualifiers, then choose one person for each country of residence.

Sorted.
The register date sould be decisive too

I went onto maemo.org and edited my developer discount application.

Question: If you try to write more than a paragraph or two, it ends up looking like crap - as the website eats newlines, and won't take HTML BR tags.

I'd like my application to be as readable as possible - and right now, it looks like a mess.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
I didn't have problems with it.
I wrote some lines and it was formatted well.

A suggestion is that you have hurry, since I think that the program ends today.

Originally Posted by Garage Battle View Post
you know, if i can make a suggestion, since i did start this.
Hey!

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ht=penguinbait

second post - note the time

a good couple of hours before