Active Topics

Notices

I've tried com-gameloft-app-castleofmagic_1.0.3, but I get a segmentation fault on preenv 0.1.1. What could be the problem? And I still have the crashing problem in GE Pro when using the icon.

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Originally Posted by Arif View Post
I've tried com-gameloft-app-castleofmagic_1.0.3, but I get a segmentation fault on preenv 0.1.1. What could be the problem? And I still have the crashing problem in GE Pro when using the icon.
Just wondering why you want to play those games? In my opinion they are not worth the trouble, I've played them before

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by aligoodidea View Post
I am not sure but you might find this code useful
Unfortunately, that is hardly a patch but rather looks like some random application's GL initialization code. It would be more useful if it was tested...

Also, it would be nice if the buffer size is set to rgba5551 instead of rgb565 because N900 has a native ALPHA Channel support.
Why? You lose one bit of green, which is way more useful than one bit of alpha (_unless_ we're talking about compositing).

And I know what SetEventFilter is, but not implementing could at most cause a game to hang and/or not receive input, not to crash.

And yes, the minor version is not needed because there's only GL ES 1.1 and GL ES 2.0 on the N900 (and on the Pre 1).

Originally Posted by OperationNT View Post
Raging Thunder 2 N/A Not Working (undefined symbol SDL_HapticOpen???)Fixed,should be tested again

I try to run it with Preenv 0.1.3 but it crashes. I didn't see any problem on the console output about "undefined symbol SDL_HapticOpen", only a segmentation fault.
I just watched a video of this game on youtube. It looks like something you'd have to go to an arcade to play in the 90's. So cool. Hope we can play it with preenv someday.

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
I played Ranging Thunder on iPhone and to me it sucks, no touch controls just gyro and that's annoying to drive with

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by Arif View Post
I've tried com-gameloft-app-castleofmagic_1.0.3, but I get a segmentation fault on preenv 0.1.1. What could be the problem?
I am not really into preenv, but looks that by the wiki, castle of magic works, as it's a seg fault on a game that was reported working, try reinstalling it, or changing it's version.

Last edited by luiscesjr; 2010-12-16 at 00:04.

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hungary
Fifa10 works but in bad orientation.
Code:
FUSELOG: >PAudioDeviceWaveOut::Open
FUSELOG: <PAudioDeviceWaveOut::Open!
FUSELOG: <PAudioDeviceWaveOut::Open
FUSELOG: open file error: pathfile=/home/preenv/applications/com.eamobile.fifa/vfs/DATA/teams.dat.zl
FUSELOG: open file error: pathfile=/home/preenv/applications/com.eamobile.fifa/vfs/DATA/teamnames.dat.zl
FUSELOG: open file error: pathfile=/home/preenv/applications/com.eamobile.fifa/vfs/Saves/Rosters.dat
FUSELOG: open file error: pathfile=/home/preenv/applications/com.eamobile.fifa/vfs/Saves/Rosters.dat
FUSELOG: open file error: pathfile=/home/preenv/applications/com.eamobile.fifa/vfs/DATA/teams.dat.zl
Attached Images

Last edited by Andy1210; 2010-12-16 at 00:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andy1210 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Unfortunately, that is hardly a patch but rather looks like some random application's GL initialization code. It would be more useful if it was tested...
Well, I don't have the sdk so somebody else should do it.
Why? You lose one bit of green, which is way more useful than one bit of alpha (_unless_ we're talking about compositing).
Then we should poll a voting for this! the subject is:
How many times do you see the message "ignoring colorbuffer size" in the corrupted/black graphics game (in a row)
a)3
b)4
I am sure the answer would be b (in most) then I should say it's way better if you reset the buffer and set the alpha channel for it upon its request.(already did) link:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66984
And I know what SetEventFilter is, but not implementing could at most cause a game to hang and/or not receive input, not to crash.
Try it.As only one game actually uses it, it won't cause much damage to the others,but don't skip it.
And yes, the minor version is not needed because there's only GL ES 1.1 and GL ES 2.0 on the N900 (and on the Pre 1).
And opengles 1.0 limited(minor)

Last edited by aligoodidea; 2010-12-16 at 08:56.

Originally Posted by Andy1210 View Post
Fifa10 works but in bad orientation.
Code:
FUSELOG: >PAudioDeviceWaveOut::Open
FUSELOG: <PAudioDeviceWaveOut::Open!
FUSELOG: <PAudioDeviceWaveOut::Open
FUSELOG: open file error: pathfile=/home/preenv/applications/com.eamobile.fifa/vfs/DATA/teamnames.dat.zl
How did you managed to run it? because I am facing the application crash after the first message.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Then we should poll a voting for this! the subject is:
I don't want to start a discussion but your messages seem a bit rude to me. Javispedro is doing it for free in his spare time, please don't bother him and be polite.

Tags
games, multi touch, palm pre, preenv, profile, reach page 250?, speed, yesssss