Active Topics

Hi all, I have been suffering a problem with my screen over the last few months and thinking about it has occured since going to the latest Firmware. I find that when I try to unlock the screen with the lock code when i press the number 4 it inputs number 2 and when I press 7 it inputs number 4. I have also found that some times when having to hang up a call when I press the end call button the callers image gets pressed NOT the end call button and I have to turn the phone off then on just to hang up a call.

Has anyone experienced this at all?

Thanks

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Have you tried recalibrating your screen?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

yes thank you! i have tried this to no avail! i have found that webpages are acting strange too in that area of the screen when being pressing! ie its hyper sensitive!

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Hi pwannell

I too have been suffering with this and found it's an unresponsive area of the screen. i.e.. a small part of the screen has stopped reponding to presses.
I've lived with it for a while but have come to the conclusion that I will have to replace the screen that's underneath, not too difficult or expensive by the look of the videos on youtube and the guides here. (I'd rather do this than send it to nokia)

You can test if your problem is the same by opening sketch and running the stylus over the area you think is faulty, if the drawn line jumps then you may well have to do the same as me unless anyone else knows better...

Dan

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
This doesn't sound like an unresponsive part of the screen... the calibration is definitely off. I would reflash the firmware and if that doesn't help hopefully you can get it fixed under warranty.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

just plugging in my USB now.....ill let you all know what flashing does. cheers

Mine does this when I run the pen down in a straight line in sketch:-

What do you think? replace screen? anyone else had this?
Thanks

do u have screen protector on? i had a simular problem. took my protector off and no more problems... i made a thread about it at some point..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rapparee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rapparee View Post
do u have screen protector on? i had a simular problem. took my protector off and no more problems... i made a thread about it at some point..
I Wish I could press the 'Thanks' more than once for you sir!...in fact...There, I just found a few posts of yours and thanked you again
You've saved me roughly £50, that was exactly what the problem was.

Dan

P.S I've now decided to go permanently 'naked' as I've had my N900 for over a year now and I expect to keep it another year - If I get a few scratches and decide to keep it a third year, I'll buy a new front screen! and...I've cut my nails

EDIT - I've put another protector on now as i'm playing with paint programs!

Last edited by Dancairo; 2011-03-26 at 19:53.