Active Topics

how do i find out if it rely haw booted from memory card, can i sey it on mount? or do it exist other command i can us?

// Sorry About My Spelling I´m Dyslectic \\

Last edited by Golab; 2007-10-21 at 20:36.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Milwaukee, IL, USA
how can I modify your script to work with the external card? I plan to exchange my current N800 because I think the internal card slot doesn't work (it freezes and reboots constantly when I put a card in it) but I still wanna clone things as is and run from the external card before I do anything else...

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Mil, try to use your magic script again, and this time has some problems. I am now stuck at 7: wget http://..............
error statement -sh: wget: not found. Any suggestions where to look? Thanks,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2007-10-27 at 13:32.

Mil, problem solved. I went to maemo.org and re-install wget, everything is fine now, ./nupgrade.sh 3 is cooking, it should cook for 38 min, then it will be just right............ thanks

bun

Well, it is done, but still boot from flash. I forget to do step 6. I subsitute with this,

chroot /mnt/initfs cal-tool --set-root-device ask:mmc2

and does not seem to work. There is error statement though. OK, I will try step 6 and see how it goes.

I do not want to install any progs on flash, that is why I want to clone to MMC as my first project. I inserted a 4G SD on the ext slot, it was recognize immediately, thank god.

Edit: mission accomplished, booted from MMC2

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2007-10-28 at 01:04.

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Well, it is done, but still boot from flash. I forget to do step 6. I subsitute with this,

chroot /mnt/initfs cal-tool --set-root-device ask:mmc2

and does not seem to work. There is error statement though. OK, I will try step 6 and see how it goes.

I do not want to install any progs on flash, that is why I want to clone to MMC as my first project. I inserted a 4G SD on the ext slot, it was recognize immediately, thank god.

Edit: mission accomplished, booted from MMC2

bun
ok, can you explain exactly how you got yours to boot from the external SD slot? Nothing I have tried seems to work and all the instructions I have found are for booting from internal... but my internal slot is bad or something because my card is never recognized when I put it in there... Please help!

Before I recently simplified my N800 to boot from my internal slot in addition to flash, I had set up my N800 to boot from both my internal and external slots, so as to be able to run KDE on one and OpenBox Rox on the other. Fanoush's bootmenu flashing application (initfs_flasher) gives a sample bootmenu.conf detailing just how to boot from either internal or external card. I suggest you search this out and get back to me (or better Fanoush) with any further queries. Good luck.

I followed the instructions and, from what I can tell, I did it right, everything is copied, but the boot menu didn't work... any suggestions?

Everything else seems to be good...

NOTE: not sure, but I could either be booting straight to flash or straight to mmc... not sure though.

Last edited by AdonusX; 2007-10-28 at 23:42.

Originally Posted by AdonusX View Post
I followed the instructions and, from what I can tell, I did it right, everything is copied, but the boot menu didn't work... any suggestions?

Everything else seems to be good...

NOTE: not sure, but I could either be booting straight to flash or straight to mmc... not sure though.
Menu>Tools>Control panel>Memory>Details, look at the Storage memory available, if it is >>64 MB and you are running on a 770, you booted into MMC2. Of course provide that you did leave a large partition on mmcblk0p2, the OS partition. And of course, you need to install boot menu in order to have a choice. Tell us about the boot up picture, Mil will help you out

bun

AdonusX: Check out this other thread for instructions to someone currently having the same problems you are: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...4&goto=newpost