Originally Posted by mveplus View Post
Code:
#mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /media/flash
Has definitely solved the issue of mounting. Managed to mount 4 seperate USB sticks. Perhaps this needs to be passed onto the scripts somehow if its not mounting properly?

Also failed to mount (or recognize) an external harddrive, that isn't a fair test, however, as its first partition is WBFS (for Wii) and not even sure it has an extX or fat partition on it.

Also could you add and option to disable portrait mode? (Or at least note it for much later releases) as I find it particularly annoying when I'm plugging and unplugging things constantly? :P

Hi guys,
whit this kernel, the camera don' t work. Is only my problem?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Veleno View Post
Hi guys,
whit this kernel, the camera don' t work. Is only my problem?
You have fcamera installed, the devs need to compile the modules against kernel-hostmode's headers.
Uninstalling fcam-drivers and rebooting should solve it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@MohammadAG
Would it be good to add that info to known issues list?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Thanks. Working great for me. As already mentioned in the thread, it would be nice if the mount script would have some extra intelligence to determine if the USB disk is on /dev/sda or /dev/sda1 (if "/dev/sda1" is not contained in /proc/partitions, mount /dev/sda, else mount /dev/sda1).

One thing that does not work is gamepad/joystick devices, even after loading the "joydev" kernel module. Is this a known issue?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Hmm what mouse drivers should I be using for this? USB mouse lights up on connect and what not, but doesn't appear to react in any applications I try?

Solved it: Qole's Bluetooth package seems to have done the job:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58258

apt-get install bt-hid-scripts

Now just sync up and run showmouse in xterm. Gives you a nice little mouse cursor on the screen. Packages also map all the additional buttons for keyboard.

Last edited by IzzehO; 2010-11-08 at 14:20.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Terribly sorry about the 32s thing, I accidentally added a ' to the booston script and noticed it at school today.
I'll correct it asap!
Be sure and test it from the terminal so you can see errors. I initially tried just deleting the extra ' but that seemed to cause boostoff to try to kill the wrong process, leaving the loop in booston running.

Also, do you also see the crash/reboot on power-off? Or is it something I've done? I wish I had a serial console so I could see kernel messages as it shuts down.

Thanks for your work on this!

--Brad

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
USB Keyboard test it. = OK

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by brad112358 View Post
Be sure and test it from the terminal so you can see errors. I initially tried just deleting the extra ' but that seemed to cause boostoff to try to kill the wrong process, leaving the loop in booston running.

Also, do you also see the crash/reboot on power-off? Or is it something I've done? I wish I had a serial console so I could see kernel messages as it shuts down.

Thanks for your work on this!

--Brad
I tested it hours ago at school, and already pushed a new package to -devel.
Also, shutting down Skype solved stuttering in mplayer, watched a full episode of house without any problems
I'll look into kernel-power today, and maybe fcam-drivers

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I tested it hours ago at school, and already pushed a new package to -devel.
Also, shutting down Skype solved stuttering in mplayer, watched a full episode of house without any problems
I'll look into kernel-power today, and maybe fcam-drivers
If we had kernel-power you'd have had no stuttering as well :P

Also just managed to play a slideshow off my USB mounted camera (cheapy pen camera =s)

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
USB Keyboard test it. = OK
Have a look at the link I posted, as it'll enable all of the keys. Not being able to input forward slash (/) on a linux phone is just downright embarassing :P

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host