sorry for that OT btw thanks for your reply... , what is the maximum number of extended partition??? i hope someone will made a detailed tutorial or easy patch on mouse/keyboard problem on ubuntu maverick.. i managed to boot ubuntu maverick but stuck on mouse/keyboard issues...

Last edited by stalker; 2010-11-06 at 10:26.

Originally Posted by stalker View Post
sorry for that OT btw thanks for your reply... , what is the maximum number of extended partition??? i hope someone will made a detailed tutorial or easy patch on mouse/keyboard problem on ubuntu maverick.. i managed to boot ubuntu maverick but stuck on mouse/keyboard issues...
Did you boot with uboot? Can you share some tips because I'm also interested in trying Ubuntu 10.10?

Take a look at this post for the touchscreen.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=84

Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
Did you boot with uboot? Can you share some tips because I'm also interested in trying Ubuntu 10.10?

Take a look at this post for the touchscreen.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=84
to boot into it is quite simple if you use the uboot. with the "out of the box thing" you have now at hands from the devel repository its no problem at all, you only add a recent kernelwith the tsc patch(tell uboot where it is) and the modules to the partition.
and boot it(tell uboot which partition to boot). nicola pointed out meego kernel works out of the box. so take that if you want to test. easy as could be.

works for me for quite a while(rsyncing my stuff to part and booting).

but don't expect it to work like in "using it" though: it's a phone so first of all i want to make calls and receive calls.... maybe try ofono thats what the meego folks use.

br

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by skykooler View Post
That is a dead link.
Doh! Sorry...

[EDIT]
This should work:
http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...les/tsc2005.ko

Last edited by MaddogG; 2010-11-06 at 12:34.

Originally Posted by nicola.mfb View Post
Hoping I'll remember all steps, anyway I unpacked the omap ubuntu 10.10 image to a partition of my external SD card, copied /lib/modules, /lib/firmware and /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/* (to have TS calibrated) from meego 1.1 (installed on another partition of the same SD card).

As was not able to chroot to the new partition with the stock PR 1.3 kernel due to exec format error I booted meego and chrooted from it without problems.

Then I created an user and added it to sudoers, put g_nokia in /etc/modules, added a network configuration for usb0 and apt-get installed openssh-server.

Finally rebooted in ubuntu with the meego kernel, note: no need to disable watchdog!

p.s. I have a customized u-boot to have triple boot.
i don't want format my MicroSD,so i will not use "dd" or windiskimage to write the ubuntu 10.10 on my MicroSD.

can you tell me what partition kinds for Ubuntu 10.10 on MicroSD N900? EXT4 or EXT3 ?

Originally Posted by artron View Post
i don't want format my MicroSD,so i will not use "dd" or windiskimage to write the ubuntu 10.10 on my MicroSD.

can you tell me what partition kinds for Ubuntu 10.10 on MicroSD N900? EXT4 or EXT3 ?
---
sfdisk -l ubuntuimage.
---
looks like that:
ubuntu-netbook-10.10-preinstalled-netbook-armel+omap.img1 * 0+ 8 9- 72261 c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
ubuntu-netbook-10.10-preinstalled-netbook-armel+omap.img2 9 253 245 1967962+ 83 Linux

Last edited by lunat; 2010-11-06 at 20:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to lunat For This Useful Post:
Power40 Pr 1.3 + uboot Matan made it.

Hopefully it will allow overclocking in 10.10

I have no time to test I'm leaving for work right now.

Last edited by ear0wax; 2010-11-06 at 22:29.

folks please come down. what we have is a little step in direction of running ubuntu.

we can start a kernel(and for that matter overclock the kernel) but this is not ubuntu but that kernel running. it was a huge step that nicola found out that you can boot ubuntu with a (stock) meego kernel. that is pretty cool.
this shows we are not far from having ubuntu running. still this is /not/ ubuntu running. ubuntu running means that that the battery applet shows the battery status(works to some degree ) and it starts charging when the battery is empty(imo doesn't work). the way you know it from a laptop. ubuntu working means that with an incomming phonecall the phone rings and you can use the phone. and so on. and ubuntu running means that this works with the packages from ubuntu.
powerkernel doesn't help. it needs all the closed stuff from maemo and dosn't work together with the free stuff in ubuntu.

so who was able to make a call with ubuntu?
please don't stop now, we are close. very close.

as usual an edit: don't get the thing about the powerkernel wrong. powerkernel is fine. but affaik optimized for maemo and not ubuntu. but if you get the ubuntu stuff(all!) running with that kernel: great.

Last edited by lunat; 2010-11-07 at 06:16.

another hint for those experimenting with ubuntu:

you don't need an extra sd for that! uboot is capable of doing netboots. but that afaik doesn't work with the uboot from the repos. you may try however(uboot in general is capable of this !).

there is a different approach that also works. that is nfsmount. instead of using the sd as the rootpartition you mount the nfs via kernel nfs support. and chroot and pivotroot into that nfsshare. that way you boot into a directory on you pc, laptop whatever. but you have to setup a connection first. wlan is woking so no big deal, you only need everything necessary for that in the initrd.

with that testing gets realy comfortable. you edit all the files on your pc and immidiately see the effect on the phone. no further sd, no wearing off of sd's, cross compiling on the pc ...
hth

the usual edit: you can boot into nfs without initrd. the initrd is only necessary to setup the wlan.

Last edited by lunat; 2010-11-07 at 07:30.

its ubuntu 10.10 run on PR 1.3 ?

Tags
bada rox