Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Hi recently I'm notocing one problem, whenever I try to open a bit large file (mine to be specific is 450kb) from file manager it does start up FreOffice but again a dialog pops up to choose a file to open and when chosen it just doesn't load anything while another file which I have of just 25kb is opened without any issue. Any suggestion? thanks.
We have to check the problem, is your file a MS Office or ODF document ? The file size is not a problem freoffice can open larger file sizes..

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by chande View Post
We have to check the problem, is your file a MS Office or ODF document ? The file size is not a problem freoffice can open larger file sizes..
Its MS Office file (.doc) and has quite a lot of images and tables. Btw, I've noticed that tables aren't properly displayed in FreOffie like lines in one page and the data in another. Anyway I will try to open other big MS files and report back.

Originally Posted by dbrodie View Post
Has anyone had any luck in getting the "Online Services" plugin to connect to a google app account instead of a generic @gmail google docs account?
Where I work we have a google apps with our docs hosted there and I would prefer not to need to move them to a gmail account.
Pushed a new revision of the plugin into extras-devel, which should support Google apps accounts. I have not tested it as I don't have a Google Apps account. Please use it and check if this works.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by chande View Post
Hi, I updated to latest version 0.2-9 and now it can open the file but the problem now is if I try to open any .doc or .ppt file from the file manager the file type is not recognized and I get a dialog to choose the program to open the file but there is no freoffice/koffice to choose. So, I have to open koffice and then only I can open the files from its open menu.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by kshlm View Post
Pushed a new revision of the plugin into extras-devel, which should support Google apps accounts. I have not tested it as I don't have a Google Apps account. Please use it and check if this works.
Works great! Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by dbrodie View Post
Works great! Thank you very much!
You are welcome I'm glad it worked.

Now for something different.

I've just pushed the freoffice blog plugin onto extras-devel repositories. Please try it out and give your opinions.

Here are some posts done using the plugin, check them out:
http://freoffice.blogspot.com/2010/0...in-foblog.html
http://kshlmtest.wordpress.com/2010/09/14/images-2/

To install, enable extras-devel and install "freoffice-blog-plugin"

The Following User Says Thank You to kshlm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Why space doesnt work in latest Koffice or FreOffice what ever it is?

I have latest packages and scandinavian N900 with PR 1.3

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ India
Originally Posted by mele View Post
Why space doesnt work in latest Koffice or FreOffice what ever it is?
Could you explain more about the issue and with which file type are you facing this issue ?

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Can we open files from file manager now?

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Could you explain more about the issue and with which file type are you facing this issue ?
Downloaded FreOffice
Created new document
Typed "This is a test"
Result onscreen: "Thisisatest"
Space bar does not produce a space