Notices

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I cannot help myself - lacking the skills - but I just want to express my interest in this application; I would be very happy to see it become really stable one day. - So all I can do is say... Please help pillar. It's just too sexy an app to be lost.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Just a quick update: I updated my Nokia Qt SDK with the latest and the on-device debugging seems to work now, although it's a little bit slow (at least over wlan, haven't tried with USB yet). I was able to debug the parts that were causing me headache the most.

Now I pretty much need to package the thing correctly and submit it again. Anyone that knows how to do that with Qt SDK on windows? I would need to add a config file to the deb package as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to pillar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
pillar, you may want to start a new thread about the packaging question that attracts the right people via its title; it seems that the packaging of projects created with the Nokia Qt SDK is one of the bigger mysteries in life. I see unanswered questions quite often.

You may have read
http://wiki.maemo.org/Packaging_a_Qt_application
but there's a few steps there that seem to require that you work on a GNU/Linux box. (Maybe it still answers a question or two.)

Ok, I think I have at least somewhat working version for those waiting for this. I don't know how to generate the needed files with Nokia Qt SDK to upload this to extras-devel, but I got the deb done. his is for you guys that want to test and figure out bugs so I can make this better.

Dexter_0.3.0_armel.deb

New feature:

- The config file now includes all the sites listed in the wiki page. From the menu you get to choose your country and site. It is clunky right now, but will be nice for the random user. Let me know your issues with it.
- Internally the loading of the teletext site has been generalized. It can allow the use of custom classes for sites that have been problematic before. For this to be fruitful, I still need to document the API and put the code up to Gitorous or something. But at least the bulk of the work in the code has already been done to allow this.

Known issues:

- Portrait mode not working. I guess the attributes have changed with the newer version of Qt.

The Following User Says Thank You to pillar For This Useful Post:
I tired this last .deb file but it only contains Finnish Yle site. Also it is not possible to add other sites.

It would be great if Slovenian RTVSLO TXT and Croatian HRT TXT could be also included by default.

Thanks pillar for your effort!

Last edited by kolos; 2010-09-27 at 22:11.

@kolos Yeah it seems that the config file is not being read for some reason. It was working for me during debugging, but now that I installed it properly I have the same problem. I need to take a look at this at home and fix it. Thanks for the report.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Do you still need help with getting this into Extras-Devel? I'd be happy to help, as I'm thinking about using it myself

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
@thp Yes I do, thank you very much.

I also have this weird bug that the settings file is not read for some reason and that is blocking the development quite badly. I don't know why it does that. When I use on-device debugging, it works, but when installed, it's not working anymore..

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by pillar View Post
I also have this weird bug that the settings file is not read for some reason and that is blocking the development quite badly. I don't know why it does that. When I use on-device debugging, it works, but when installed, it's not working anymore..
Have you published the source code repository somewhere? That would help getting other developers like myself involved. It's also easier to send patches your way. Are you already using some kind of SCM for your project? I'd be glad to have a look over it and see what's wrong. This is a case where the IDE doesn't really help (because it works when you do it from within the IDE but does not when running without the IDE.. .

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
Hi,

thanks for this great app! I just discovered that it is possilble to go full screen by clicking (touching) on the page. That's great, even if doesn't work in portrait mode. The bad is that it's necessary to go back (click again) in order to move to another page, even if there is a lot of space left for placing at least the next,prev, subnext, subprev buttons. In few words, is it possible to add few buttons in full-screen mode?