Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
two threads about the same thing this one is better imo

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Going by what it usually meant when Nokia say "coming soon" or "really close" - I'd say August 2011! Apart from the dual-boot MeeGo capability, what do others believe will be in this new update for Maemo? Perhaps official MMS? Official multi-Profiles (the way Nokia have been doing since the mid-nineties!!) Maybe even the latest version of Flash?! For me, the biggest improvement would be to have officially implemented, proper rotation to portrait for nearly everything (not just the few things there are now). Holding onto an umbrella/bag/train pole/girlfriend's hand (!) and being able to text or navigate around the menus is something I really miss from my previous Nokia E75. That for me would be a big bonus.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Turkishflavor View Post
you were wrong PR1.3 and dualboot with meego/maemo will def. come!
So Nokia's first Meego device will be N900.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Izmır View Post
So Nokia's first Meego device will be N900.
Wrong. It will not be, it already is. You can run MeeGo on the N900 whenever you want. No need to wait for PR 1.3.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
I mean it is great to hear that PR1.3 is coming. I am very confident that this long-awaited update is coming, but there is one thing which still makes it a bit difficult to believe.

Remember when PR1.2 came out, we were told that the OVI-Store will be updated (April 2010 if I remember). But as far as I am aware it hasn't come yet.

Either way, that was in the past, and now we have a new management team for Nokia and hopefully they will keep their schedules.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
What do you think dude?

Have you seen my roundhouse kick?
uh....oh......hmmmmm im not sure......but i am certain that it will hurt or kill....

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Wrong. It will not be, it already is. You can run MeeGo on the N900 whenever you want. No need to wait for PR 1.3.
Bearing in mind people found Maemo 5 to be incomplete for a phone OS there is no way you can count Meego as being ready on N900 until its at LEAST comparable functionality wise to Maemo 5.

Having to make calls through the loudspeaker (last I heard of Meego N900) is far from it. GPU support particularly is a must and that is still unstable from what I have read, far from end user ready, but nobody is claiming it is.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Bearing in mind people found Maemo 5 to be incomplete for a phone OS there is no way you can count Meego as being ready on N900 until its at LEAST comparable functionality wise to Maemo 5.

Having to make calls through the loudspeaker (last I heard of Meego N900) is far from it. GPU support particularly is a must and that is still unstable from what I have read, far from end user ready, but nobody is claiming it is.
none of this will change though - i mean, it must and will change, but not because of PR 1.3, but because of the work put into meego.

so whats your point?

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
I think that was his point good sir. That MeeGo is where it's at from this point forward.

and idea when its coming ?

Tags
bigbadidiot, chucknorris, jesus wept, mustread, paradise, umopapisdn