Active Topics

Anyone else been waiting on a replacement device lately for an unusual amount of time? Normally it only takes one or two days before they get a replacement phone. I've been waiting...it'll be two weeks tomorrow. I got an email from Nokia (When I called Palco they directed me to Nokia) stating that Palco should receive the replacement phone one day this week. If I don't hear anything by Friday I will contact them back.

But I was wondering if anyone else has been waiting an unusual amount of time for a replacement phone?

Hello, I too have been waiting for my dang replacement since Sept. 21 (sent it in Sept. 14) - I keep calling, I am sure they hate me by now but they NEVER give me a straight answer. I have called about every Friday asking about the status because you would think they would have a better clue than the website, but no- they don't and they can never transfer to someone that can give me a straight answer. So I have been without a phone for about a month, and I was considering buying the new N8- I called to see if they could give me some kind of discount for all the inconvenience, but of COURSE not, they told me they could only give me a discount on the n97 (which to me is not any better than the 95- which I have as well) and I don't want a N97. So angry- sorry for venting. Have you received yours yet?

Originally Posted by mrs.cadillac View Post
Hello, I too have been waiting for my dang replacement since Sept. 21 (sent it in Sept. 14) - I keep calling, I am sure they hate me by now but they NEVER give me a straight answer. I have called about every Friday asking about the status because you would think they would have a better clue than the website, but no- they don't and they can never transfer to someone that can give me a straight answer. So I have been without a phone for about a month, and I was considering buying the new N8- I called to see if they could give me some kind of discount for all the inconvenience, but of COURSE not, they told me they could only give me a discount on the n97 (which to me is not any better than the 95- which I have as well) and I don't want a N97. So angry- sorry for venting. Have you received yours yet?
I'm glad somebody else posted in this thread (Thanks!) If anyone else is in the same boat, please post :-) Just trying to connect some dots.

1st...HELL NAW I aint got no phone yet lol. They told me it should ship the 2nd week of November. Did you get any word on when yours should ship? It would be nice to have an n97 though, something to play with and another phone in my arsenal (N95 NAM, 6682). How much of a discount did they offer?

I see yours went on that status 9/21 which is the day before me (9/22) looks like we're in the same boat. What did you send yours back for?

I had sent my n900 back previously to get repaired, and they flashed it. Mines would let the battery run down too much, then it wouldn't charge anymore. When I got it back (July I think) I didn't install any apps, I didn't log into Instant Messenger, and I made certain I wasn't connected to any wireless networks and the battery still would go dead overnight.

So I bought an external battery charger and I would charge the battrey in that then throw it in the phone. It worked fine until the battery went dead and I had to charge it again and repeat lol. After a couple of months dealing with that I just shipped it back to Palco which is where it's at now.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The best procedure with an external charger is of course to buy two batteries; then you can instantly replace one when it runs low.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Missouri
I've been waiting for mine since Sept. 24. Today I called in to find out what is going on, as it has been almost 3 weeks. They said they are still waiting on a replacement unit. I asked a few more questions that they couldn't answer and that was it.

About 2 hours later my phone rings. I pick it up and it's a guy from Nokia Care Center calling me to tell me that they will not have replacement units until the second week of November. My reaction was "are you f'in kidding me?"

The response was, " we are sorry for the inconvenience and would like to offer you a free N95 as a temporary until you get your N900 back." I asked if I would still get to keep the N95 and they said yes. Then I asked which model of the N95 is it. Turns out it's the first model, the one that sucked. I asked if they could offer me something better and they of course said no. They didn't even want to upgrade me to the 8GB N95 version.

So, if what they say is true, then we got another month to wait until we get our phones back. Till then they are offering free N95 to make you feel better. So if you want one, call and complain. That's what I did. It would be nice to receive a brand new N900 after all the time we had to wait.

Originally Posted by inkjected View Post
I've been waiting for mine since Sept. 24. Today I called in to find out what is going on, as it has been almost 3 weeks. They said they are still waiting on a replacement unit. I asked a few more questions that they couldn't answer and that was it.

About 2 hours later my phone rings. I pick it up and it's a guy from Nokia Care Center calling me to tell me that they will not have replacement units until the second week of November. My reaction was "are you f'in kidding me?"

The response was, " we are sorry for the inconvenience and would like to offer you a free N95 as a temporary until you get your N900 back." I asked if I would still get to keep the N95 and they said yes. Then I asked which model of the N95 is it. Turns out it's the first model, the one that sucked. I asked if they could offer me something better and they of course said no. They didn't even want to upgrade me to the 8GB N95 version.

So, if what they say is true, then we got another month to wait until we get our phones back. Till then they are offering free N95 to make you feel better. So if you want one, call and complain. That's what I did. It would be nice to receive a brand new N900 after all the time we had to wait.
Yup they offered me the free N95 too. It was supposed to be here last week, so I called them yesterday and they said I should receive my n95 by the end of the week.

THEN...he said the n900s are actually going out next week. So it looks like I might get my n900 before the replacement n95. We'll see though, as I have not received ANYthing YET lol...

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The best procedure with an external charger is of course to buy two batteries; then you can instantly replace one when it runs low.
Yupo 100% correct. Which is why I had 4 batteries lol...Once I receive my replacement n900 that'll make 6 total