Active Topics

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Is that legal? What about competition law? Shame on you Nokia! This is not the way! One mote thing! I give up to the ultimate N900 for a Galaxy S! Then who knows... maybe a HTC! At least samsung never dissapointed me! Shame on you! I hope that you will be the last in the market share, the last, near "Others"!

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
Is that legal? What about competition law? Shame on you Nokia! This is not the way! One mote thing! I give up to the ultimate N900 for a Galaxy S! Then who knows... maybe a HTC! At least samsung never dissapointed me! Shame on you! I hope that you will be the last in the market share, the last, near "Others"!
But you do know, that HTC actually parked big HTC-labeled busses at the main entrance of Nokia World to drive the attendees away from Nokia World to the HTC event?

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-09-15 at 17:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
don't know if you've noticed this but on the N900 qwerty, the period is right next to the exclamation point.

j/k

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
... against people you feel are doing better than you or you fear are about to over tak you ... [] ... it is a big deal because HTC did this.
Ahem - 2010 Q2 Smartphone Units Shipped (Sources: IDC and Canalys)
Nokia 24 million
HTC 4.8 million

I really don't think Nokia fear HTC are about to overtake them just yet ...

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
But you do know, that HTC actually parked big HTC-labeled busses at the main entrance of Nokia World to drive the attendees away from Nokia World to the HTC event?
Anyone got any pictures of these buses? All I can find are images of Nokias retaliation, which then makes it all appear somewhat one sided with Nokia beating on HTC.

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Ahem - 2010 Q2 Smartphone Units Shipped (Sources: IDC and Canalys)
Nokia 24 million
HTC 4.8 million

I really don't think Nokia fear HTC are about to overtake them just yet ...
24 milions in how many devices?.....
What about Samsung?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
HTC and Nokia are playing by the same rules attacking each other in a harmless way, and for the visitors it's funny. So what's the problem with this? Enjoy your HTC sandwich.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
>24 milions in how many devices?.....

That's 24 million devices

>What about Samsung?

3 million (source: IDC)

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
>24 milions in how many devices?.....

That's 24 million devices

>What about Samsung?

3 million (source: IDC)
You didn'd get my point. They sell 24 milions but thay have alot of diferent models, compared to HTC and Samsung! What if HTC will bring more devices? What then?....
How old is Nokia in the market compared to HTC and Samsung? And look a little bit how quick Samsung and HTC are growing! What Market Share are they eating?
Nokia is going down compared to his competitors! They are loosing market share! that's it!

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New Mexico, USA
I think this was a gutsy (and funny!) move on Nokia's part. HTC decided to piggy-back on NW2010, not the other way around. They also brought buses clearly marked with HTC branding right to the front door of NW2010, just to poach NW attendees. Having "survival" kits handed out shows Nokia acknowledged HTC's move as being a bit underhanded. I don't have an axe to grind with HTC, by any means... but scheduling a product launch (for items that were already widely leaked online weeks ago) at the same time as your competitor's annual tradeshow, and THEN bringing your buses right to their front door, well that's just plain dirty.

...and yes, Engadget rarely has a good word to say about Nokia. Launch a great product, and they'll say it's underpowered and too late. Heaven forbid an Android device is late to market, or half-baked, or carrier-crippled...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jvanhou For This Useful Post: