Active Topics

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Just one word for you NOKIA:
**** YOU for treating us like piece of carp...END :@

Forget about it... I am selling my N900 now....

Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
Forget about it... I am selling my N900 now....
do what makes u happy.

but a bit late man - resale value of n900 has plummeted - and see the recent trade in offer from nokia where u can get 280$ off a n900 by just trading in any work nokia phone.

really pretty sad the way Nokia abandoned the device. I paid $345 used but my heart goes out to those who bought it new for top dollar. shame on nokia. If it was not for guys like quole who brought free debian or martink who is doing a good job of updating modrana I think I would be in the market for an android (or an sd card if nitdroid ever becomes fully functiona)l.

It's amazing how some big companies really just act like big companies while (well not most but some) still retain a hint of the customer care that they had when they were smaller. Nokia for sure falls into the former category.

N900 is a new Nokia model released only 4 months in Hong Kong, Twain, and China etc.... but just a few month after, it become a two years old model mobile phone from Nokia....

Many live tv web sites require flash player 10.x now in Hong Kong and China etc, and the twist flash app can not solve the problem, that why I am selling my N900....

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
really pretty sad the way Nokia abandoned the device. I paid $345 used but my heart goes out to those who bought it new for top dollar. shame on nokia. If it was not for guys like quole who brought free debian or martink who is doing a good job of updating modrana I think I would be in the market for an android (or an sd card if nitdroid ever becomes fully functiona)l.

It's amazing how some big companies really just act like big companies while (well not most but some) still retain a hint of the customer care that they had when they were smaller. Nokia for sure falls into the former category.
If I remember correctly, I paid about $561 for my N900 and I don't regret it. Just like I paid $529 for my N82 a few years ago. I got the use out of it that I expected to get at the time of purchase and everything else has been extra bonuses or could have beens. The N900 still meets my needs that caused me to buy it in the first place.

Sure, I would like newer features and to keep up with the current trends but that is what newer devices are for. I will be retireing my N82 in favor of an N8 and eventually (2011 or later) retireing my N900 for a Meego device.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Washington, DC
My phone does exactly what I bought it to do, and I think it was well worth the $500 I paid for it. I don't have to haul my notebook around anymore, and I've got Debian apps whenever I want them (thanks qole!). I'm a little hesitant about the microplug issue and Nokia's behavior (10.1, repairs, etc.) is often ... puzzling, but I've seen worse.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
N900 is a new Nokia model released only 4 months in Hong Kong, Twain, and China etc.... but just a few month after, it become a two years old model mobile phone from Nokia....

Many live tv web sites require flash player 10.x now in Hong Kong and China etc, and the twist flash app can not solve the problem, that why I am selling my N900....
I presume that many others in HK, China and India will repeat this sentiment very soon. I mean, it was just sold there recently and already lacks the support that many phones around it, released much earlier enjoy...

I'm surprised Nokia even sold it there given their intentions to move to Meego. But then again it is Nokia. >.>

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update