Active Topics

Notices

To add clarification on that.... The "Weather" calendar is some weird Google Calendar. I've removed it, and now erminig show "Work" as the Google calendar every time I edit a profile.

Minor bug I guess (and probably rather easy to remedy, hopefully)

what is the status currently?

I still get that Value Error illegal iso-8601 date format: 1981-09-01T01:00:00 when syncing my calendar

And i also notice that when i have a profile and i say: sync my main google calender (the first one in the list) and i save that profile, then go back, it is always displaying the last option (an external calendar)
I think this is just a display error because that calendar is very small and should sync just fine, its my main one that i still can't sync

Last edited by jcompagner; 2010-08-11 at 20:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to jcompagner For This Useful Post:
i've got the same error jcompagner. i've had recurring events ever since i started using erminig-ng and it's only just become a problem - really frustrating because i can't sync 2 of my 3 calendars. 1 still syncs and even that has a recurring entry.

Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
what is the status currently?

I still get that Value Error illegal iso-8601 date format: 1981-09-01T01:00:00 when syncing my calendar

And i also notice that when i have a profile and i say: sync my main google calender (the first one in the list) and i save that profile, then go back, it is always displaying the last option (an external calendar)
I think this is just a display error because that calendar is very small and should sync just fine, its my main one that i still can't sync
I had this error too. I didn't get feedback on previous questions and I can't figure out if there is a repository somewhere for this project, so I temporarily put the 0.2.11 source in my repo and forked from there for my local patches.

The one that fixed this particular bug for me was:

https://thomas.apestaart.org/thomas/trac/changeset/1717

Just apply the part of the patch that doesn't touch the test.

Lorelei, I'm still interested in contributing patches somewhere directly against the repository if there is one... Let me know ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thomasvs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Brisbane, QLD Australia
I'm getting the same illegal date error. It occurs on a recurring appointment (in the attached trace it's an appointment that occurs on the 3rd Saturday of each month).

I also have the other problem mentioned by jcompagner -- when I open a profile to edit it, the remote source listed is always the last calendar in the list of google calendars I subscribe to.

Thanks for writing this application -- it's exactly what I need. Looking forward to the next version with these problems fixed.

Karen
Attached Files
File Type: txt erminig_trace.txt (2.9 KB, 116 views)

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Oxted, UK
Thanks for the very useful software, now set up to sync 3 calendars on my N900. I would like also to sync my tasks, but cannot see how this might be set up at present. If it is not possible to do this using Erminig, is the best way likely to be to set up an additional (redundant) calendar, and use Mail for Exchange to sync that calendar and the tasks?

A problem I have is that it can only sync newly created events. Any events (I mean future events) that are created before I installed erminig will not sync to my N900.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

[edit]
my finding is that I have to do a one way sync from google to n900 to get all the events, before doing 2 way syncs.

Last edited by ddwalker; 2010-09-04 at 00:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to ddwalker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
I think there is a problem with daylight savings. I created an event in October on the N900 at 6am which came out in my google calendar as 7am. Australia comes out of daylight savings on October 1st.

I noticed earlier in this thread that someone had a problem with a date appearing in 1900. And this bug was to be fixed.

I've just had an error relating to 27-12-1900..... Which is actually empty.
Attached Files
File Type: txt erminig_trace.txt (3.0 KB, 112 views)

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Uhh what am I missing when Erminig refuses to remember my settings?

If I create a new calendar to Google using Erminig, the settings stay until I tweak them.

UPDATE: Okay, now for no apparent reason, one of my two calendars I wanted to sync didn't have the "Enabled" tick enabled, and it allowed me to change settings again. Is there a bugtracker for this or smthn?

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cjp; 2010-09-24 at 08:01.

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization