Closed Thread
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Well I have to say the new version of multiboot both delights and annoys me - it truly breaks titans kernel all to hell by removing several of the dependencies required for fcam drivers and overclocking in general.

On the plus side its easy to configure.

so now oc on maemo doesnt work ? not worried about fcam but would like maemo oc and nitroid ! still on titan v37...

edit , cheers jay-c for info bit stuck then cant have both until titan updates again

Last edited by moepda; 2010-08-11 at 07:56.

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Well, I did something wrong. All of a sudden xterm said it couldn't find the files for the new NITDRoid kernel or the maemo kernel after downloading and following Jay-Cs post. I turned off the N900 and now I don't have anything to boot, not even Maemo. Phone says to press a button to panic. Wow, I can't believe that happend. That is the first time that I have messed up my n900 since I got it. Sad part is that I didn't do a backup. Now THAT was stupid. I got over confident that everything would just work since I have been able to get aall other NITDroid installs on the first try.
sorry mate to hear that.

the problem is you did not finish the installation.
multiboot without any kernels wont do you any good...

sorry

The Following User Says Thank You to Jay-C For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Kingdom....for now.
Originally Posted by c4Lvin View Post
guys no luck...still charging..it would accept my "0" but then the screen just dissappears and seems like it just shuts off. Should I take out my MicroSD card and try booting? I want to remove that multiboot!!!

it would say booting - please wait ....and shuts down...i guess it needs to charge more or something?
Try removing the battery for 10 seconds.

When you press 0 multiboot reflashes the kernel if it needs to and reboots the phone. Leave the SD card in, I don't see it causing an issue.

Also, when you are doing this, make sure that the usb cable is not plugged in. Mine behaves strangely if it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to SimonGie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Dresden - Germany
You can also start up without the sd-card, if you put out the kickstand. If all the tips don't work - I hope you've an update - than only flash a fresh maemo and install nitdroid and multiboot again - if you do everything in the right way, it's running very well.

---
Another question:

Is there a way to get android saving it's data (cam, wallpaper, apps things etc.) to the vfat mmc partion, than to the Maemo /home/user/MyDocs ?!

Cause I hate this disorder at my main maemo folder ... there is normaly everything clearly sorted.

AlphaX2

Last edited by AlphaX2; 2010-08-11 at 08:02.

OHMYGOODNESS i'm so glad i'm back in Maemo (no offense to NITDroid as i'm just too dumb to set it up). My battery is very LOW as suspected. Now how do I remove this multiboot???

I have it plugged onto my USB for simply charging now...need the extra juice!

Thanks SimonGie for walking me step by step through this. I really appreciate the assistance! I unplugged the USB and removed battery for 10 secs and it booted!

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Dresden - Germany
Originally Posted by c4Lvin View Post
OHMYGOODNESS i'm so glad i'm back in Maemo (no offense to NITDroid as i'm just too dumb to set it up). My battery is very LOW as suspected. Now how do I remove this multiboot???
Welcome back!

I THINK but I'm not quite sure - removing at package manager, should be the most common way.

EDIT: Or use the nitdroid-uninstaller, should also work with multiboot 0.2.9 and also removes the nitdroid kernels.

Can anybody confirm this please?!

AlphaX2

Last edited by AlphaX2; 2010-08-11 at 08:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaX2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
yep package man should work

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
?? kernel-power-bootimg does not replace kernel-power, it just provides the zImage without fiasco header (e.g. for kexec). kernel-power contains the fiasco'ed zImage that is always deleted by the flasher after flashing. kernel-power-settings depends on kernel-power-flasher.

Originally Posted by Jay-C View Post
that is actually a bug in kernel power, not in multiboot.
power39 was suppose to add support for multiboot by introducing the kernel-power-bootimg package, which replaces kernel-power.
however, kernel-power settings still depends on kernel-power, meaning you cant install it with kernel-power-bootimg!!!
nothing we can do in multiboot to fix that

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to titan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AlphaX2 View Post
Welcome back!

I THINK but I'm not quite sure - removing at package manager, should be the most common way.

EDIT: Or use the nitdroid-uninstaller, should also work with multiboot 0.2.9 and also removes the nitdroid kernels.

Can anybody confirm this please?!

AlphaX2
Thanks bud! Ok is it Enhanced boot loader for Maemo that I'm uninstalling from Application Manager? Just want to make sure before I hit the button LOL!!!

OOps, also have kexec-tools and Maemo 5 PR12 kernel for multiboot...

Originally Posted by titan View Post
?? kernel-power-bootimg does not replace kernel-power, it just provides the zImage without fiasco header (e.g. for kexec). kernel-power contains the fiasco'ed zImage that is always deleted by the flasher after flashing. kernel-power-settings depends on kernel-power-flasher.
So how is it possible to solve the problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread