Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
Who needs Shazam! Thanks peter, the identify works like a charm!
But I found one bug,
If you identify a song and instictiv can not find it, it still shows up on the history as a date and time.
and i have one feature that could be added
when you click(touch) on an artists, it should show be organized by the albums before showing all the songs

Last edited by Abemelek; 2010-07-30 at 18:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Abemelek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
yeah, its really nice, after 1min I understood how identifying works.... and wow

also the scrolling is much smoother.

I'm proud of you guys!

...but still would be nice, to be able to change some covers...all covers of English songs show the right cover... but with some of my german album covers are wrong...

edit:
if you need support for a german version, i would really like to help you!

Last edited by lingling92; 2010-07-30 at 18:38. Reason: change words

Wow this mp3 player looks promising

I however have a few feature suggestions:

Could there a features to control instinctiv using hardware buttons, for example:

1) Volume buttons (Short press) = Skip / Prev Track

2) Volume buttons (Long press) = Volume Up / Down

3) Camera button (Short Press) = Play / Pause

4) Camera button (Long Press) = Stop Track

Would be useful for example, when jogging / walking in public and the phone is in pocket, won't have to take the phone out to change a track.

Or when the phones screen is locked, wont have to go through the process of unlocking the screen etc just to be able to skip one track (battery saver).

Not to mention, it'd be the only maemo mp3 player with this feature.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post

Could there a features to control instinctiv using hardware buttons, for example:

Would be useful for example, when jogging / walking in public and the phone is in pocket, won't have to take the phone out to change a track.

Or when the phones screen is locked, wont have to go through the process of unlocking the screen etc just to be able to skip one track (battery saver).

I think you're the first to suggest this. It's a friggin awesome idea though. We're on it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Abemelek View Post
Who needs Shazam! Thanks peter, the identify works like a charm!
But I found one bug,
If you identify a song and instictiv can not find it, it still shows up on the history as a date and time.
and i have one feature that could be added
when you click(touch) on an artists, it should show be organized by the albums before showing all the songs
Thanks for the encouragement I don't know if that's a bug though. The hope is that we'll be able to recognize it later as out database grows and worst case you at least have a mini recording of it that you can try to use to pick out lyrics and search for later... what do you think? Not a good idea?

The Following User Says Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Nice work Peter....everything indeed move must faster. Most importantly, you added the playlist....that's the BEST feature. And the Identify actually work and was able to identify the songs that i tested. But i doubt i'll be able to use it while listen to car radio since i don't have 3G internet. But good feature anyway.

One thing i hope you add is the ability to delete song from the playlist...not the entire playlist. Also it was able to add duplicate songs from what i tested...not a big deal. Again thanks for the hard work. I wonder what else you have up your sleeve. Lyrics? I dunno...I am quite satisfied with what is on there now.

Oh i forgot...landscape mode...with displaying the art as big as as the landscape mode...that's what i look forward to.....

Last edited by romanianusa; 2010-07-31 at 13:33.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza

That will be good! But i think it will be in conflict with camkeyd, an app that shows dashboard with a slighty press (focus press, not full press). May be playing with pressure options... or only when screen is locked. Anyway is a great idea!

PD: Installed new version, CPU usage is too high, and because of this scrolling is still laggy (at least for me).

Hey Peter,

I have an idea. Is it possible that you add the ability to swipe your finger to change the cover art while a song continue playing in the background? And if i like what i see in the art and want to switch to that song....i can just press "play" to play that song. So instead of 3 buttons (previous, pause, next) at the bottom, you should add a "play" button to accomplish the switching to that art and song.
I think this is a natural fun feature because naturally people just want to swipe and check out other art while music is playing in the background.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Camkeyd is deprecated, replace with shortcutd.

And yes, that would be bad. I take exposee over song change.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Any button press that replace the Camkeyd is not a good idea. There is no way i will sacrifice camkeyd for anything. Camkeyd press allow you to back out to the desktop and see all open apps...that is a very important button.

Another thing is....this is a TOUCH SCREEN phone, hardly anyone now a day use buttons to navigate through things. I DO NOT feel like i am missing it and don't feel it is useful. Don't get me wrong, i am all for it if you can leave the camkeyd press alone.

Last edited by romanianusa; 2010-07-31 at 14:09.