Notices

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
FYI

Documents To Go Premium v 2.000

No option to write the following letters for Norwegian: זרו

No option to write the following letters for Swedish: הצו

Witch makes it useless for me... and probably everyone who need to use NON English characters.

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

Last edited by inidrog; 2010-07-27 at 13:54.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by inidrog View Post
FYI

Documents To Go Premium v 2.000

No option to write the following letters for Norwegian: זרו

No option to write the following letters for Swedish: הצו

Witch makes it useless for me... and probably everyone who need to use NON English characters.
Yes, In addition it does not appear to use the symbols template.
I was able to make the Norwegian and Swedish symbols using the openoffice writer in Debian LXDE and then save it as an xp doc file. Documents To Go premium will read this file and the symbols look OK. Oddly the DTG Vewier edition didn't recognize this file format even if I saved a new version using the Premium edition! Maybe need to select a different format in OO.

Last edited by mscion; 2010-07-27 at 15:21.

Ok so to get mine to install had to remove koffice. Then after it was installed had to reinstall freoffice - however had to download the actual freoffice package manually and then install using --force-overwrite
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I am in the USA. Ten minutes ago I was able to upgrade from viewer to editable for free.

I went to

http://www.dataviz.com/products/documentstogo/maemo/

Clicked the + upgrade button. This took me to

http://www.dataviz.com/purchase/upgr...emo/index.html

Here I entered my registration number and clicked "Submit"

From there I selected the product and went through the checkout process after which my new activation key was displayed, along with a bunch of other information.

My registration number was the same but the activation key was updated. I entered the new activation key into the field on my device and it Activated immediately, so quickly it was suggestive of the Activation Key being embedded in the software or at least validated on device.

The Following User Says Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
For non-USA dwellers that are not able to upgrade from Viewer to Premium: I contacted dataviz on twitter, sent my registration code and my record in their DB was updated to premium user. Then downloaded Premium via OVI and registered and activated with my reg number.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
For non-USA dwellers that are not able to upgrade from Viewer to Premium: I contacted dataviz on twitter, sent my registration code and my record in their DB was updated to premium user. Then downloaded Premium via OVI and registered and activated with my reg number.
That speaks volumes about Dataviz's customer service attitude.

Hi,

I am Italian user, and with USA Proxy (I have try many times) and it worked for me: when the page with Upgrade is show, I modify proxy and then click on "Upgarde".

Many thanks pantera1989

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
I used a USA proxy and it worked for me . Here's a good list. You may have to try a few before they work.

http://www.proxylist.net/list/us/0/1

The Following User Says Thank You to windinthehair For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I too had to remove KOFFICE before it would install properly just in case anyone gets the can't install error.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
I too had to remove KOFFICE before it would install properly just in case anyone gets the can't install error.
thank u for the tips
it's work for me

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
I used a USA proxy and it worked for me . Here's a good list. You may have to try a few before they work.

http://www.proxylist.net/list/us/0/1
For those outside the US who have been trying to get their "viewer edition" registration upgrade for over a week (I'm in the UK and this wouldn't work from here either), I can confirm that the above instructions allow working around the "empty cart" error that we would all get.

Simply stick the address of one of the proxies from pantera's list in your browser's proxy settings, go to the dataviz site (logon to your account if necessary), click that "upgrade" button and you're off.

HTH,
Christian