Notices

Help!!
can someone give me a step by step guide on how to add a personally created poi to mobile maps 9 on my n900.

basically i have made a converted file of lpg autogas stations from a txt file to a upi file, for insertion into the uk map on sygic's mm9.

however i can not see the root files using usb connection via vista..

and the same is using the phone.....

i have used a unix os around 6 years ago for cad work but have forgot how to access the file structure.

its a shame sygic don't have a file transfer platform to enable this for us with little syntax knowledge....

help would be appreciated , as i have only a few days left before the trial version expires, and if i can add poi's like this then i will buy the full working programme as its no worse than tt6, i have on my pda, and as i always have my phone with me its one less thing to have in the car.............
cheers

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Can you see the "Maps" folder?

If so, look for a folder within that directory that has your favorites.upi file in it.

If you can't find this file then make sure you have created one from within Sygic first. (Save anything ie: location, position, etc to favorites and Sygic will create a favorites file.)

Go back to the "Maps" folder and find out where favorites.upi now lives.

Place your custom poi file in that folder.

Restart Sygic and check your POI categories and you should now see it.

SLN member # 009

Sorry no i can not see anything related to sygic as i can only see the files that are default from the manufacturer, via usb connection on win vista, files like music, camera, documents etc, how can you access the root or user files using windows, i have transferred the file to the n900, but can not see the relevant sygic files to copy it to.... that's were im stuck......

upi files go in the map folder and pois .bmps go in the icons folder make sure there both named the same .upi and .bmp files

i have noticed however custom pois no longer work in the newest versions of sygic either for n900,symbian,wm,or wince

custom sounds still work though for speed cam alerts

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Originally Posted by fenair View Post
... how can you access the root or user files using windows...
You can't access to root folder by windows

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by gLobster View Post
You can't access to root folder by windows
Yes You can...