Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Nokia official support for N900 is almost nothing at the moment. Every bugs that Nokia think it takes too much work to get it going will be marked as fixed in Harmattan.. I wonder why? May be the issues are fixable but instead of fixing it then everyone will stay with Maemo5 and not buying their next Harmattan device MeeGo, Nokia refused to fix it and force customers to buy the next device if they want something that fixed.

Nokia is quite bad in support generally. I bet N8 will suffer the same fate and so is the N9. This is only just the begining! Just you wait and see
Honestly thought coming from somebody who have owned and owns android devices it's not that bad. People who don't want to hack their phones have been waiting for months for 2.2 to arrive and today it finally arrived to nexus only. Most of the android phones out there are running older than 2.1 and are not getting 2.1, not to even talk about 2.2. It will be seen when my galaxy s gets it.
Omnia hd got absolutely no support after i bought it while N97 update after update adding new browser, kinetic scrolling and so on. Lets not even talk about SE or LG.
HTC is pretty good here, but what i have noticed there seem to be lots of talk from them about early fw releases but in the end getting 4-5 months late. HTC hero for example.

Apple is the number one there, but Nokia easily is one of the best of updating the devices and building services around the device. Nokia can and should do better that i agree.

Only service Samsung provided to my galaxy s is kies and nobody have gotten that work me included.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
I seem to be confused with all the rumors lately surrounding the leaked prototype of the supposed N9 (Meego) device. From what I have seen so far on the prototype, hardware/spec-wise, this device is inferior to the N8. I'm just hoping that this will change once the actual device is released. I love the look of the device but i think they have to (must!) change the internals of the device especially if this is going to be their flagship meego device. I listed below what I think would be the best option for this phone. Let me know what your thoughts are:

1. This device must support 3G penta-band support like the current N8. On the leaked info, currently this device in the US will only work on AT&T's 3G network. They need to support tmobile's frequencies as well.

2. I hope the camera will be a carl zeiss model as this has been the standard for almost all of nokia's high end phones lately.

3. Not sure how much internal storage this device will have, but it should be at least 16-32GB. If they need to save space and sleekness, then I don't mind using a micro sdhc card.

This is all I can think of right now, and if this is truly what is in the works, then I believe Nokia is really going to impress the world with this jewel. In my opinion this device really looks beautiful. I'm so sick of the Iphone/Android craze lately. Nokia phones have always been the highest of quality standards than any other phone manufacturers around. Those other phones don't even come close to the build quality as nokia's devices. They are just too fragile and no matter what marketing garbage they try to sell us, I'm sticking with Nokia.

Cant wait for it's release.

For whomever is interested:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/01/n...one-4-and-evo/

Update: I also forgot to mention that this device should have a higher resolution than 640x360

Last edited by blackbox; 2010-07-01 at 17:25.

Ok people i dont know where are your reading skills.

What nokia said is the N8 is the last symbian device in the N-series, now all the N-series will be meego.

First the N8 wont lack support the same OS symbian is going to be in the C-series X-series E-series S-series, so you will have the last N-series powered by symbian but not the last phone ever to get symbian.

So all this conclude that symbian is going to be demoted from the TOP OS to MIDDLE OS while the top is gonna be meego.

So if you like symbian3 go and get a N8 and be happy you will have firmware updates for years to come.

The Following User Says Thank You to leviathan18 For This Useful Post:
For those who can read, my previous post was not not a look at the OS, but rather a hardware perspective/comparison. Most of us here already know that after the N8, all N-series phones will have Meego as the OS at this point. The title on this topic clearly states the obvious.

Perhaps it should have said "....-N8 to be last symbian device on n-series".

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by jsa View Post
A slide from Intel Developer Forum says "Core M2 Handset UX, based on Intel UX design(using handheld UI framework)". The framework is Nokia developed, but that line leads me to believe the rest of it is not strictly a Nokia effort. Nokia can, and has in the past kept certain built in applications closed(differentiation). MeeGo reference UX being 100 % open, it's a no go for those and something else is needed there. And the bug reports against the handheld UX also seem to indicate Intel developers working on the applications.

Maybe I'm just reading way too much into everything, but I guess we'll see once the reference and Nokia UX's are out..
Quoting myself here, indeed all the reference UX applications have Intel's copyright and are made to Intel's designs.

Anssi Vanjoki just put this rumor out of place:

Anssi:
The Nokia N8 will be our only Nseries devices on Symbian^3. Of course, we ‘never comment on future products’, but a Symbian^4 Nseries device is a strong possibility. A very strong possibility ; )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pillar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pillar View Post
Anssi Vanjoki just put this rumor out of place:

Anssi:
Why would he even mention this? Symbian 4 is like a year away.

Kind of frightens me that Symbian is still there OS of choice. When will Meego get off the back burner, if ever...

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
symbian^4 is not a year away it will be complete before end of 2010 with devices expected in 2011.
there is more to a OS than looking pretty, symbian as a lot going for it, when symbian gets its new touch UI people wont even know its symbian, they are the narrow minded ppl who just repeat what engadget writes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
symbian^4 is not a year away it will be complete before end of 2010 with devices expected in 2011.
there is more to a OS than looking pretty, symbian as a lot going for it, when symbian gets its new touch UI people wont even know its symbian, they are the narrow minded ppl who just repeat what engadget writes
I think your kidding yourself if you expect Symbian ^ 4 to be ready before the end of 2010. That would mean that S^3 will of had a shelf life of 6 months. Also, It's a much bigger jump then Symbian ^3, which they had to delay.

Yes Symbian, has a lot going for it. However, there is far greater potential in Meego imo and I believe this is where the focus should be. There isn't a single thing Symbian can do that Meego can't. You could probably argue that Meego does more.

Originally Posted by sevla View Post
I think your kidding yourself if you expect Symbian ^ 4 to be ready before the end of 2010. That would mean that S^3 will of had a shelf life of 6 months. Also, It's a much bigger jump then Symbian ^3, which they had to delay.
From Symbian roadmap S^4 Complete H2 2010 handsets H1 2011.