Originally Posted by pjs View Post
if you're having trouble logging into fb after assigning yourself an fb username, do what TheMathMan said and logout/login to fb on the web, it worked immediately after doing this. contact merging is sadly manual.
yep definately works

although i would like it if i could have all fb contacts in a seperate conact list

Originally Posted by Naughty View Post
...now facebook put all my friends from facebook to my contacts, which is like trillions...
Saw that too and immediately turned off FB chat in fear that now my MFE Gmail sync would pick all of them up and dump them into my Google address book. Fortunately it didn't and turning FB Chat off removed them all. I wonder though if I had left them in what would have happened?

Anyone get gmail (using the MFE settings) address book corrupted by FB users coming over from FB Chat?

what r u guys talking abt? what u mean by facebook chat? cuz i've been able to chat in facebook since PR 1.1 w conversations... what u mean by facebook chat is another app or something like that?

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
Originally Posted by CYPHERC View Post
what r u guys talking abt? what u mean by facebook chat? cuz i've been able to chat in facebook since PR 1.1 w conversations... what u mean by facebook chat is another app or something like that?
Here here CYPHERC, I am wondering the same because like you, I've also been able to do chat in facebook since PR 1.1 via the Conversations app.

I too wait to find out more specifics about this so-called facebook chat thing...

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Ignorance is a bliss..

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Does the Facebook Migrator app in Extras testing work to merge the FB contacts once they are pulled in when logged in to FB chat using the stock PR1.2 FB chat account?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
Does the Facebook Migrator app in Extras testing work to merge the FB contacts once they are pulled in when logged in to FB chat using the stock PR1.2 FB chat account?
No, tried that. Think im stuck merging manually

Originally Posted by JayBEE View Post
Here here CYPHERC, I am wondering the same because like you, I've also been able to do chat in facebook since PR 1.1 via the Conversations app.

I too wait to find out more specifics about this so-called facebook chat thing...
Prior to PR 1.2, Facebook chat was set up through either pidgin or jabber. With Pr 1.2, Facebook is now a direct option like Gtalk, skype and ovi.

EDIT: I wonder if this will allow contact info syncing like Hermes.

Last edited by nosa101; 2010-05-27 at 07:54.

still cant get this to work. but just made my username. will give it time to replicate thoght the system and try agen