Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hello
I have a little problem.. I put the SSl to "yes" In the server, I added the new user and I wanted to put him to admin, and I wrote a wrong password and saved this. Now I can not log in...
What I can do to fix this mistake ? Reinstall server on my desktop ?
Thanks

EDIT:
Ok, I fixed it...

Last edited by Schturman; 2010-05-03 at 22:07.

Use the "Reset Settings" file by selecting it in your knots folder on your pc. You'll have to add/rescan all your media again though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stealth131 For This Useful Post:
Does anyone else have issues going past 1 folder in "Browse by path" mode? The videos in the folders are definately found, I can find them from search in Videos, but since I have my media sorted by folders already I'd prefer just using the Browse by Path function (it would be even better if I can start the program there by default, but whatever)

As it is though, this program is great! Definately a better solution than transfering files that might not even work to the tablet.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Thanks silver for the anime suggestion.

I'll hit that after I'm done with Monster which I still have a few weeks left on.
You should check out Steamboy if you haven't already. Amazing Anime and I think it still holds the 'record' for being the most expensive Anime produced.

It's a bit dark though.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IcyAirs View Post
Does anyone else have issues going past 1 folder in "Browse by path" mode? The videos in the folders are definately found, I can find them from search in Videos, but since I have my media sorted by folders already I'd prefer just using the Browse by Path function (it would be even better if I can start the program there by default, but whatever)

As it is though, this program is great! Definately a better solution than transfering files that might not even work to the tablet.
What OS and when did you install the server? I changed the way Browse by path works recently, so try upgrading the server if you didn't install it in past few days.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Question for you ukki.

I've got a .mkv video.

When playing this through VLC I can choose for
Audio --> Audio Track
Disable
English Audio
Japanese Audio

For Subtitles, there's
Video --> Subtitles Tract
Open File
Disable
Song Sign Subtitles - [English]
English Subtitles - [English]

How can I have control of these options under Knots?

It seems like it wants everything to be English by default.

I'd like for it to be Japanese audio with English Subtitles instead, neither of which Knots is currently doing.

So for audio language on the web server it's:
en,any

Show subtitles
Yes
Which it does but only for the beginning song.

Subtitle Language
en
Again, only in the beginning intro. Maybe it doesn't continue showing the subtitles since the rest is in English audio.

I don't know. Any simple way to make this more understandable?

Thanks!

Oh, and a simple bug report unless it's a feature of yours.

If you have a DVD in the computer drive, you can't browse by path.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
audio language jp,en,any doesn't work?

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
i did an update on vlc now im not having a video... it streaming ok but im not having video just sounds...

and i also update the ffmpeg... now i cant watch my tv shows tonight!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by iceman600; 2010-05-05 at 01:48.

Originally Posted by ukki View Post
audio language jp,en,any doesn't work?
Darn you and your endless string of easy to follow answers!

One other thing to mention...

I will never, ever, and I do mean never try to attempt installing that git thingy again.

It honestly is meant for people who know something about something.

I couldn't get it installed correctly, mostly because the instructions didn't really fit with what I was seeing on the screen at the time so I made a few guesses. So honestly, this was most likely my mistake.

Anyway, I went to Add/Remove programs and nuked the whole busted up git install.

From there on out, every folder I opened I got a "couldn't find git or something like that error of unhappiness message" every 5 seconds, even when the server wasn't running.

Sometimes I had as many as 5 or more of these fun errors on the screen all at the same time.

Well, you know me, I went nuts! *lol*

So yeah, I ended up reformating my entire Windows XP because of this.

This isn't meant to spook anyone over my still number one, reigning application. But yeah, installing git is only for you hardcore boys.

My suggestion would be to shuffle your instructions on installing git far, far away for anyone stupid as me to either find or read.

It's not like it's even needed to run your wonderful program for the love of god!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:

Tags
knots, music, streaming, video