Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
getting: error: -3 temporary failure in name resolution please make sure your apn settings are correct. what to do? help!

Originally Posted by frals View Post
Hmm, can you open a terminal and type (as user): touch /tmp/fmms.log and then try opening fMMS and see if it logs anything?
Yes, nothing happens...

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by Venty View Post
frals: You're releasing more new versions than I can send MMS! Do you even sleep sometime?
I think he pre-compiles about 10 versions in advance, then just logs on and releases from the beach in Hawaii. "Did that fix it?"

I kid, I kid. Great job, we all appreciate it.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by danx View Post
is this app ready to download .. Are the bugs fix yet. I been patiently waiting ?? Is it safe ??
its always been safe. No bat damage or any of that stuff. The bugs that i have seen with it so far were like cosmetic and personal preff stuff. The ability to send and receive mms was there since day one. Now they are just spiffying it up a bit

SMALL LARGE AND MEDIUM ARE THE SIZE OPTIONS WITH FMMS. BUT WHAT SI THE EXACT SIZE FOR EACH? just curious

recommendation...

spam/image bomb control. This is being brought up because I have a buddy that does this. I'd like to stay ahead of him...

there should be a feature to block mms from certian people, work both by number and address book looking up via normal api, regulate how many mms can be recieved by a person per min/sec, and "spam" folder for over-run, and options for mass deletion.

little much, but I like to stay ahead of my dipshit friends...

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by GI jack View Post
recommendation...

spam/image bomb control. This is being brought up because I have a buddy that does this. I'd like to stay ahead of him...

there should be a feature to block mms from certian people, work both by number and address book looking up via normal api, regulate how many mms can be recieved by a person per min/sec, and "spam" folder for over-run, and options for mass deletion.

little much, but I like to stay ahead of my dipshit friends...
i deal with they people with hardware solutions rather than software... hefty hardware with a nail in the end...

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi frals
The version 0.9.10 working perfectly for me !!!, except 3 old things..

1) The other phone can't receive my message, if I send mms without text.

2) The other phone can't receive my message, if I send mms with hebrew text.

3) If I send the mms via "Share via service" to the specific phone SE K610. Like before, this phone can't open this file (attachment-BSMN.jpeg).

Thank you very much for your hard work

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
1) The other phone can't receive my message, if I send mms without text.
Just tried this with 0.9.10 sending from my N900 (Swisscom) to an iPhone (Swisscom too).

Two things happened:
  • The title was changed to "MMS" and it shows up with this text in my fmms list too.
  • On the receiving iPhone, the MMS with picture was received without problems, but there was a note saying: "This message was modified and some files were deleted" (in german though)

Anyway, sending the image worked without a problem for me. Where that message about deleted files comes from I don't know.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Atlanta, ga
Originally Posted by azz View Post
TMOBILE USA MMS SETTING

NOTE: MAke sure you have fAPN + Fmms installed
fMMS is located in Extras-Devel
fAPN is located in Extras-testing
Go HERE to learn more about adding more repositories to your app manager

1st - Create New APN

-Install "fAPN" from app manager (please install Fmms too if you haven't) and run the app
-Create a new APN (I call mine Tmo-mms) and click "add"

2nd - Edit APN

-go into setting (where all the icons are)
-go into "internet connection" under connectivity
-click on "connection"
-highlight your NEW APN (Tmo-mms) and click "edit"
-Hit "next" on the next window
-In *access point name*, put in "wap.voicestream.com"
-Leave everything else blank and hit "next"
-Hit "advance" on the next window
-Put a "check mark" on use proxy
-In *http proxy:*, enter 216.155.165.50, in *port #*, enter 8080 (or 9201 if 8080 fail)
-Put a "check mark" on Automatic Configuration
-In *web address*, enter http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
-Hit "SAVE", and then "Finish"
NOTE: I honestly don't know if you need to put both proxy and web address in there because if you check web address, proxy turns gray. If you uncheck web address, proxy light up. I will test and report later.

3rd - fMMS Setting

-Open fMMS, you will be prompt to put in a APN
-Enter in your newly create APN (Tmo-mms) *Case sensitive
-In *MMSC*, enter http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
-In *Resize image*, enter 300 or something lower (don't know how high is max)
-Enter your phone number at last (without dash)
-Hit "SAVE"

4th - Send MMS

-Tap on the top center (where you see fMMS V )
-Hit "New MMS"
-Put in number to sent mms to
-put in message
-put in attachment (photos)

BEFORE you hit SEND, connect to Tmo-mms first (same place where you usually connect to wifi). You can do this before Step 4 if you want. For some reason, if I don't connect to this first, it doesn't work (I will get a "network error" message).

-Hit "SEND"
-You should see a "resizing" notice and then a bunch of gibberish number/symbol/letter. This means you sent it.

I hope this help anyone out there who is having trouble with Tmo USA MMS setting. As Egoshin mentioned earlier, TMO usa user may have problem because of the secondary setting. Good luck and much thanks to FRALS for this app (and fAPN) and the work hard behind it.
Thanks guy. ya settings helped allot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also i dont have to switch my connections back n forth. i can jus leave it on my "Tmo-mms" and my internet and sms works!
Thanks again

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python