Notices

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
hey can i get a wOOt wOOt? lol

i have suggestion, when u click on a status the next window should include the posters status and box for comments, show all other comments, "like". comments should have time staps. so its kinda like your viewing posters profile page.

cheers
Nah, keep in mind, there isn't a lot of screen space. You want to keep everything fairly single purpose and compact, otherwise you are going to have to use a stylus.

I do plan to do profiles eventually - but they'll be done separately from individual status, so it'll be like.. click to view comment, click again to view profile.

Originally Posted by deans6571 View Post
Here's my thought on this app : love the integration with the UI of the N900. As others have mentioned, I'de also like to see the options to 'like' peoples status and also be able to see how many comments there are on a status.
Both coming soon. Maybe. I don't know when exactly. I might get liking done for v0.2.1, but there's already a fair bit of stuff done for that, so maybe v0.2.2.

As of now, when you tap on a status - it opens up Facebook via the browser - dunno about everyone else but I for one would actually prefer it if it did NOT do this....!
You're using v0.1.x - v0.2.x already changed this so you can view (and write) comments from within the application, or tap the menu and tap 'go to post' to view it in the browser.

Also, when I update my status, if I then go back to Facebook via a different platform (be it a pc, iPhone or whatever) it doesn't show that my status was updated via my N900 ( if I updated via Twitter or some other way, it always displays the relevant symbol or letter)......
It shows it on your wall. I don't know why it's not in the newsfeed. I do have this noted down to investigate further.

Lastly - status updates from people other than friends ( i.e. if you follow groups like Xbox or games for example) just result in a blank status update even though their pic shows.....?!
Not fully implemented yet. Already noted down to be done in the future

All in all though - a top app.......!
Thanks for your praise and feedback!

You're using v0.1.x - v0.2.x already changed this so you can view (and write) comments from within the application, or tap the menu and tap 'go to post' to view it in the browser
.......do I need to update to a new version to get this or will it be included in the next release?

.......do I need to update to a new version to get this or will it be included in the next release?
You need to update, yes. Unfortunately something is wrong with extras-devel, so it's not in there at this point. Grab a copy from http://w00t.dereferenced.net/facebrick/

(and to anyone else who has been trying, I just noticed I had screwed the page a bit, so it wasn't showing the link for the deb to facebrick 0.2 - try now)

Just something to keep you all interested, here's something I've done this afternoon.

...comments?
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On

The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
I'm working on a logo / icon for you
Excellent Thanks!

Nice work w00t, have been using this beginning.
Of course I undertsnd and do see the gradual progress in the UI dev:

a few suggestions ...

No bowser integration deeded - as I can as well open facebook in browser in first place.

Against any post if tou can show posted time ... like '16 hrs ago' not actual time if less than 24hrs.

A no of commants and no of likes against each post.

In the actal post window (2nd) an option for Liking or Unliking a post.

a 'More' button at bottom to bring in older posts into view.

and lastly when you have time - a portrait mode support pls - a long number of posts is easir reading in portrait.

thanks again for listening to all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
of course forgot to mention would like a 'posted from N900' with the logo for Facebrick showing for posts made from facebrick (just like posting from TweetDeck on iPhone).

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
of course forgot to mention would like a 'posted from N900' with the logo for Facebrick showing for posts made from facebrick (just like posting from TweetDeck on iPhone).
completely with the idea "posted via N900"
time to flaunt the power of N900 on fb

u guys r so cool man, i envy u developers! lol

The Following User Says Thank You to aman18narang For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, hit and run, what a poser