Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
I just uploaded a new version into extras-devel. Please try it. I have no access to youtube from where I am. I have just done it based on the web page htmls i have been provided and thp's gpodder patches.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by zaheerm View Post
I just uploaded a new version into extras-devel. Please try it. I have no access to youtube from where I am. I have just done it based on the web page htmls i have been provided and thp's gpodder patches.
I see that you made a change in the app when u select a video...

Though I like the older player, I could play the video in the background.. now I can't

On the other side:
You still can't download any video

Edit: I can't forward or rewind the video!

Why do videos open externally in Mediaplayer now?

Anyway, i noticed a bug. When selecting 'good quality', the audioplayer attempts to play the video, which of course fails.
Could be my mime settings though.

On a general note, sometimes the image freezes for many seconds in media player, while sound is playing normally, until the app 'notices' then ffd's the visual content improperly keeping the vid out of sync permanently. Its a pain to watch. Again, could be just me...

Old ZT was more fun, but let's first wait until you return from your journey. And thanks for the hotfix.

At least it is good to know why Zoutube isn't working correctly. I was wondering what was going on...

Hi All,

We have fixed @scene for Fremantle. It is in extras-testing now.

Thanks for the hints how to get this one fixed - they made this one easier for us.

Yours,

Tuukka Turunen
Digia Plc

Originally Posted by acou View Post
Why do videos open externally in Mediaplayer now?

Anyway, i noticed a bug. When selecting 'good quality', the audioplayer attempts to play the video, which of course fails.
Could be my mime settings though.

On a general note, sometimes the image freezes for many seconds in media player, while sound is playing normally, until the app 'notices' then ffd's the visual content improperly keeping the vid out of sync permanently. Its a pain to watch. Again, could be just me...

Old ZT was more fun, but let's first wait until you return from your journey. And thanks for the hotfix.
I have the same problem, it plays good quality as radio.

Cannot download video.

Crashes at times.

Digiscene has - "this video has been removed" error all the time, I have extras-testing enable, uninstalled digiscene and reinstalled, still the same.

i still can't download the videos. when i patch it with gpodder. am i supposed to use the i386 or armel version. do i need to have gpodder app installed too? also u guys seems to be able to select good quality, i can't even choose/see good quality version, how do i choose it?

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
ive no joy with Zoutube at all.... search works ok, but when i click a video, it just hangs... tried reinstalling, no joy.

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
oh, hold up, stupid fone had connected trough my mms apn i setup for fmms! fixed now

but, it is really slow between clicking a picture and the play / download window coming up.... and the download button dont seem to work

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

Last edited by mr_bridger; 2010-04-19 at 11:21.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
i still can't download the videos. when i patch it with gpodder. am i supposed to use the i386 or armel version. do i need to have gpodder app installed too? also u guys seems to be able to select good quality, i can't even choose/see good quality version, how do i choose it?
Downloading, streaming and playing YouTube videos should all be fixed in gPodder 2.5-1 now, which is currently in Extras-Testing and will be in Extras in about ten days

PS: gPodder is written in Python and does not use architecture-specific code, so there's no armel or i386 version - there's only an "all" package that will work on both architectures.