Notices

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Could you also please try this:
1) Create new local note
2) Sync to U1
3) Change the content of that note
4) Sync to U1

Do the changes show up on the U1 web interface?
You got me here. Does not work. Tomboy sync says "0 notes updated" and U1 shows the old one. Seems to be room for improvement

The Following User Says Thank You to ofels For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ofels View Post
You got me here. Does not work. Tomboy sync says "0 notes updated" and U1 shows the old one. Seems to be room for improvement
Thanks for testing it, so IŽm not alone. The bug is reported here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone...rs/+bug/479417
I guess IŽll have to wait with coding until it is fixed. Otherwise IŽll canŽt confirm whether or not my code is working.

Two more important U1 bugs:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone...rs/+bug/482372
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone...rs/+bug/490969

EDIT: This seems to be the master bug now. The one mentioned above was marked as duplicate.

Last edited by conny; 2010-01-21 at 10:36.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I think the bug has been fixed. I had an U1 client update when I updated my system this morning. I made some new notes, modified some other notes on Tomboy and they seemed to sync fine. I then synced Conboy and the new and updated notes where changed on the tablet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
I think the bug has been fixed. I had an U1 client update when I updated my system this morning. I made some new notes, modified some other notes on Tomboy and they seemed to sync fine. I then synced Conboy and the new and updated notes where changed on the tablet.
Thanks for the update. However just tried it with my existing notes on Conboy and I still get the NULL error.

Thanks for the pointer Nelson. It indeed seems to work again with Tomboy and U1. Now I just have to fix those Conboy bugs
Unfortunately the weekend is almost over already...

Hello

tried to sync with U1.

I have 1 new note on my N900 and several ones allready store on U1.

Got the following error message:
json_get_note_list() returned NULL

I then closed conboy and restarted it. Now it shuts down when I try to sync...

Any idea?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bournemouth, UK
Please can someone help me with Conboy?

I've searched the net to no avail...

I can't select/highlight text by touch. Something that makes the app almost useless for me.

Should I be able to? Is it a bug? 2 installs.. can't see any options..

There is a problem I have with the word autocomplete in Conboy when I am working in notes that have some bolded words. The autocomplete almost always gets the bolding wrong. If I start typing a word which is bolded and use autocomplete the autocompleted letters are non-bolded. If I start typing a non-bolded word and use autocomplete the autocompleted letters appear as bolded.

In almost all my notes I have some bolded words for heading. The fact the autocomplete gets the bolding wrong means I can't use autocomplete because it is far far quicket to just type in the whole world than to have to go back, highlight the letters and do control + b.

It would be great if it could be fixed so that autocomplete just uses the same bolding as the preceding letters.

Yea, that's really annoying. But even after long discussions on the ML and a lot of coding, I still don't know how to fix it. Currently I tend to disable the world completion completely in Conboy.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6061